Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vitamins for the kiddies

gold21

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 10:04 pm
hi, I have BH a one year old and a three year old. I want to get them started on vitamins. definitely need calcium, they dont get enought of that for sure, and possibly a multi. any recommendations for this age group? I am not comfy with my one year old eating a hard chocolate or candy vitamin at his age, so only a chewy soft jelly for him or a liquid. As for my three year old, we would want something that tastes good. Anyone have ideas, and where to purchase in brooklyn? thanks!!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 10:08 pm
we use flinstones

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 11:36 pm
For calcium, you can give Coral Calcium Complex. It's a liquid, and tastes like papaya. Dd has a tablespoon of it every day.
If you find a liquid multi vitamin that is not brown polyvisol, PLEASE let me know! (It's not the taste that's so bothersome, just the color.)

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 5:07 pm
We used liquid kids vitamine from Maxi Health called kiddievite. Then move onto Nutribear multivitamin jelly by Navitco (same as "Yomi" multivitamin plus in Israel). Though neither has much calcium.

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 8:27 pm
its ridiculous that its so hard to find a kiddie calcium supplement in the stores. a bazillion multivitamins, vitamin c, but no calcium. I am sure my baby isnt the only one in the world that is sensitive to dairy products. I dont get it. whats the deal? ra-mom, where do you purchase the supplement you mentioned?

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 8:59 pm
if you go into New Age Pharmacy on Ave. J and E. 29th St, the owner is extremely knowlegeable and helpful regarding vitamins. He also has great prices. For my lactose intolerant son, he gave me a chewable calcium pill by KiddieMax; its strawberry flavored and I crush it into applesauce which my 18 month old loves. My 3 year old also asks for one, he begs for more than one a day!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 10:38 pm
gold21 wrote:
its ridiculous that its so hard to find a kiddie calcium supplement in the stores. a bazillion multivitamins, vitamin c, but no calcium. I am sure my baby isnt the only one in the world that is sensitive to dairy products. I dont get it. whats the deal? ra-mom, where do you purchase the supplement you mentioned?

It's called Coral Calcium Complex. You can find it at the Health Shoppe, Supreme Health, or Vitamins to Go. You can probably get it anywhere. It's vegetarian and has a Hechsher. Keep refrigerated once opened.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7QLX6

Mrs Bissli wrote:
We used liquid kids vitamine from Maxi Health called kiddievite. Then move onto Nutribear multivitamin jelly by Navitco (same as "Yomi" multivitamin plus in Israel). Though neither has much calcium.

Mrs. Bissli, thanks so much for the info on the children's liquid multi! I'll ask for it at the heath food store tomorrow iy"H. This is it, right?
http://www.maxihealth.com/prod.....a=all

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 11:34 pm
twizzlers, is the one youre referring to called Calci-Yum? I saw that at Landaus and online. but I didnt think ds2 could handle it. didnt think of crushing it into food. so is that yours, the one that comes in both chocolate and a fruit flavor?

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 6:06 am
That's the one we have. It looks brownish but can't tell if you mix it with fruit juice or herbal teas.

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 6:20 am
Most multis dont have much calcium because it is so bulky, it would be hard to get it into a decent sized tablet. I was given Calcium Sandoz Syrup for my dairy allergic child, and he does not seem to mind it at all.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 11:14 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
That's the one we have. It looks brownish but can't tell if you mix it with fruit juice or herbal teas.
Does the brown stain the teeth like the polivisol?

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 12:01 pm
No. Sometimes kids get it straight from a tiny spoon but I haven't noticed anything on teeth.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 4:55 pm
I bought a liquid multi vitamin from Dynamic Health Laboraties today at the Heath Shoppe.
It's pink and cherry flavored, and so far dd gave it a thumbs up.
http://www.nutricity.com/n/pc/.....oogle
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics