Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Any ideas for "Ice Breaker" activities with large

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 7:45 pm
Hi,

somone called me for "Ice Breaker" activity ideas for a large group of women-- like 50-100. the problem is the room will be PACKED so it can't be with running around. they can't be longer than 10-20 minutes

I thought of:

1. each person introduces her neighbor.
2. each person has a card and says 3 facts about herself, one is not true. guess which one
3. each person says how the number 3 is significant to them. for example: I have 3 children, 3 philosophies about parenting, 3 pounds to lose etc..

any others??

the women are all frum and married.

thanks!

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 7:50 pm
Well, it depends why these women are coming together. Are they meeting up to hear a shiur on rosh chodesh cheshvon? Are they coming for a support group for celiac disease (ch'v)?

It really should be applicable for their needs. I am part of a group that meets often and each time, we go around and say one positive thing that happened since we met last. In your case,. I'd suggest something humorous... everyone gets up and says one excuse they made so that they can get out of the house tonight.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 7:58 pm
I agree with Shaklee - it should have something to do with why the women are getting together. And, I loved the excuse idea.

I had a friend who was at a major university getting her PHd in Neurobiology...everyone at the shabbos table went around and named their favorite bacteria! Lol!

mltjm

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 8:53 pm
Is this a game that goes by table, or is it all 100 women playing together??

I like the one where you get colored M and M's candies and each color is a question you have to answer ie blue is- how many kids do you have and what are there names? green: where do you work? yellow: whats the last thing you bought for your self?

The best part is that you can have a variety of questions- some silly and some informative.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 8:56 pm
Just be aware that each person may take up to a minute, resulting in 50 minutes wasted for sure!

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 11:56 pm
ooh I love the m and m idea! so cute.

shaklee- I was thinking the same thing, maybe the moderator will just pick randomly or something because there isn't anything that is less than a minute per person!

its for the shluchos convention in new york on chaf beis shvat. but they are organizing everything now. I'm not a shlucha but people call me about this kind of thing.

any other ideas!??

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 8:49 am
Ah, what a great event. Then yes, everyone gets up and says Hi my name is Estee and I had to work 18 weeks to get here... and leave 7 kids with friends. Next.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics