Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Homemade Toys

ButterflyGarden

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 1:34 am
I recently got a big plastic key chain with my daughter's name on it and the hardware store guy gave me some free key blanks for a toy for my daughter. She also loves playing with the big plastic mask that came in a MM and a clear thermos filled with soup nuts. She also loves empty juice boxes and soda bottles from shabbat (which is funny because they are almost as big as she is). I also turn a metal colander upside down for her to see her reflection. What else do you give your babies?

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 2:15 am
He loves a bag of tissues but he will take out all the tissues, so instead I give him a closed baby wipes, for some reason he loves the crinkling sound. he also likes a straw. emply bottles which I sometimes put in something so it makes noise. I never buy him toys there are so many natural ones around the house Very Happy

chavamom

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 2:54 am
Take a clear plastic soda bottle, peel the label off. Fill bottle with interesting objects (I remember putting tinsle and sparkly pompoms in one after sukkos) and glue the cap on. This great for a baby learning to crawl - it rolls across the floor and they chase after it try to catch it.

ETA - I forgot to add that I made one of these and filled it with colored water and glitter. It was a big hit b/c it rolls slower b/c of the weight!

Last edited by chavamom on Mon, Mar 27 2006, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

happyone

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 7:41 am
My kids love building towers out of plastic cups.

zigi

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:48 pm
my kids 8 months and 23 months like catalogs, the older to look at and the younger one to rip and hold, little metal custard pans, they like to stack them and hold them, broken telephones, bottles of water, straws, empty cereal boxes and milk cartons, you could build with them, mustard bottle my son loves it he takes it every where with him, basically anything!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:58 pm
The fake credit cards that come with all the junk mail, empty spice containers to play house with, for bigger kids-bottle caps, my kids made up a whole interesting game from those.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics