Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What brand diapers do you buy?

wwmom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 3:19 pm
What brand of diapers do you buy? I usually use huggies or pampers but they are expensive. Does anyone use Target ones or any other store brand that compares to the pricey companies? My DS is 2 years old (if that matters).

greeneyes

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 3:33 pm
I use Target diapers & have been very satisified with them. My daughter is also 2. Different people tend to have different experiences, it probably depends on the kid.

chocolatemilk

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 3:37 pm
I have heard that different diapers work for different children b/c each persons body is shaped differently.
I use target during the day and pampers baby dry at night
I did research on diaper pricing (just over a yr ago) and target diapers came out to be least expensive of all diapers (including other store brands like kirkland from costco and babys r us brand)
and since target redid their brand to up and up the diapers have improved

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 3:37 pm
Kirkland (Costco). They are similar to Huggies.

sky

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 3:45 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
Kirkland (Costco). They are similar to Huggies.

Same I think they are great.

I once tried Walmart brand but found so many of them tore at the waste that I wasn't really saving money.

happymom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 3:49 pm
the only ones I like besides pampers are luvs. I really like them and they work well. I dont like the costco or the target ones

amother

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 4:05 pm
For newborns, huggies - I like the way the newborn ones are curved. I usually use Costco, but my sister told me about the target ones, that they're better now than before and I might use them, even though Costco is closer to my house, so even if target are cheaper, it might not make a difference with the gas.

estibesty

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 4:11 pm
Walgreens brand is the only offbrand diaper I like and they go on sale every other week

mammele26

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 7:55 pm
I find that Pampers and Luvs get soaked up too fast for me. Huggies doesn't leak even after a huge mess, which means alot to me. When I had 3 children in diapers (my oldest was 2 and a month), I did use other brands. Then, (about 4 yrs. ago), I liked White Cloud from Walmart, but not everybody did. After a while, the quality changed and so I switched back to Huggies. There's another reason why I stick to Huggies: I don't use any sticky tabs on Shabbos even if they were opened before. Huggies is the only brand whos tabs have no stick on them. (White Cloud also didn't.) And when I was stocking 3 different sizes of diapers I couldn't think of also stocking 2 brands of 3 sizes... Bottom line: I think it only pays to buy cheap diapers when you have more than one child in diapers. Because to me messes and soaking through are also expenses.

Atali

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 7:57 pm
BJ's brand is very similar to Huggies and I am quite happy with it.

Blue jay

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 8:02 pm
PAmpers are definately the cadillac of all diapers. If you wnat to use those just at night its worth it because if will do a good job...

LUvs are pretty good but do not last as long you have to changed the "pishy" diaper more often or faster. You can use those during the day time.

Also I found that the wlagreens brand was pretty good had the smae thickness and softness as pampers swaddlers.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 8:04 pm
Pampers for day; Huggies for night.

gold21

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 8:11 pm
we love target brand. pampers doesnt work well for my very chubby one year old. luvs are kind of junky, and have the same kind of fit as pampers anyhow. huggies works well for chubby babies, but target is just as good imho, and cheaper.

curlytop

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 8:57 pm
Just bought target brand for the first time, and I was pleasantly surprised.
Always used Pampers til now, these are significantly cheaper and basically comparable.

catonmylap

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 5:20 am
I think you can be more adventurous in the larger sizes.

We just tried a no-name Israeli brand now. They aren't as good as Huggies or Pampers, so I try to avoid using them overnight, but they are okay during the day.

Marion

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 5:25 am
Cat, which one?

For newborns I used Huggies/Pampers (whichever was on sale) until I could move to cloth. And I'm a big believer in "whatever's on special" for daycare diapers. Right now it's Tafnukim, but usually it's BabySitter. The only ones I will NOT use are Litufim; they're plasticky and they don't breathe.

catonmylap

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 5:45 am
Tafnukim- they were 3 for 100 NIS at Rami Levi. (I should have bought all the 2nd to largest size, and I bought 2 of the largest one, and one 2nd to largest).

They leaked one night...as did Babysitter, which I was initially impressed with when I tried it till we had a leak. Anyway they work fine during the day.

rise above

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 3:26 pm
another vote for the kirkland-costco diapers. I love them! I use the pamper swaddlers on a real newborn and then at like 2 months I switch to the costco. I have never needed an overnight diaper.

Ronit

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 3:29 pm
luvs $35/case aproximately

chaylizi

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 3:35 pm
I bought a whole bunch of cloth diapers, but my husband told me that he'd throw them out if they were dirty. so anyway, we use pampers swaddlers/cruisers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics