Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
ADHD
Previous  1  2

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
op here .
I'm in Eretz Yisroel and don't know where to turn to. Everything with the kuppa takes so long.
Does anyone know here?
I tried vitamins but don't see much of a difference.

Amother,
Be informed that I use and give to my family a product that is known to help stop Ritalin. I know of a few children who were on Ritalin and are now taking this Natural, kosher product that have STOPPED Ritalin completely.

PM me if you want more details.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 23 2009, 10:23 am
My son was diagnosed by a neurologist as having ADHD. He is currently on meds & sees the neuro dr. every month. He has issues socializing with other kids, and needs some other assistance.

Does anyone know of a psychologist in Queens or 5 Towns area? Or someone that specializes in behavior modification? Does not have to be frum...

grace413

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 1:11 pm
My daughter has ADHD. Before agreeing to medicate her, I transfered her to a special ed kindergarten where she got more individual attention, held her back for an extra year kindergarten and on behavior modification. She was also seeing a psychologist. Eventually I agreed to Ritalin because I saw how difficult it was for her. The Ritalin helped somewhat but not as dramatically as it does with some people.

In consultation with an psychiatrist we started her on another medication which has helped her a lot more. Unfortunately, this medication is not in the kupah health care basket and it costs me a fortune to purchase it privately, but it is worth every penny/shekel because she functions so much better with it.

She is now in 7th grade, in a regular class but with a private assistant, manages well socially, doing ok academically. Her boundless energy is a bracha - she helps me out a lot at home, helps other people with their kids and B"H, I'm glad that the medication makes life better for her.

Maybe you'll be fortunate enough that Ritalin will help your son. You can start him on it and stop whenever. It doesn't have to be forever. Some kids feel they don't need it as they get older and more in control of themselves. Some people do need it. I would recommend trying it - you can always stop.

sgr

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 1:16 pm
OP,please pm me I have more than one adhd child and would love to offer support and advice!

Isramom8

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 1:37 pm
Get your child on medication and good, ongoing counseling since these kids go from bad to worse, and if you don't start these habits he will terrorize your whole family in a few years. Well, actually I hope he won't but it happens. Ask parents of teenage boys with ADHD.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children