Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Long-Wearing Makeup

Isramom8

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 1:54 am
Please state the brands and products you find last the longest, as well as any tips you have for getting makeup to last for a long time.

Maya

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 2:10 am
I'll repeat what I wrote on the other thread. These are the products I use, but there are so many more.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer keeps shadow on until the next day. Cheap drug store eye colors will not last as long as the brand ones will.

Estee Lauder's line of Double Wear eyeliner lasts until you take it off with makeup remover. The new lipstick holds about 6 hours or so.
The foundation will last all day, but I've never tried using it for Shabbos. For me, Armani's foundation keeps on for over a day, but then again I have good skin which holds makeup. I do know that a primer underneath and setting powder on top will make foundation stay on.

A lipstick sealer over Clinique lipcolor works for me. I find that they do not last as long with Lancome lip color.

I think the key is trying many things and seeing what works for each person.

Sherri

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 4:38 am
Maya wrote:
I think the key is trying many things and seeing what works for each person.
I agree- I think it's the combo of the cosmetics + the wearer's skin.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 9:25 pm
Loreal beauty tubes double extend mascara.

Ariellush

Post Wed, Oct 28 2009, 6:54 am
If you apply concealer as a base for eyeshadow, it will stay on forever. I do that on Erev Shabbat before the candlelighting, and my eyeshadow stay on until Motzei Shabbat. I usually use Loreal Color Appeal eyeshadows and JADE concealer. Mybelline eyeshadows are excellent too, maybe better than Loreal's because they almost do not crease, even during hot and wet Israeli Summer days. If you live in Israel, you may discover that Life eyeshadows (from Superfarm) are very good as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics