Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
I might've passed the road test the 1st time if I had known_

amother

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 9:58 pm
I might have passed the road test the 1st time if I had known__________________________________.

What advice do you have for someone taking the road test (NYC) the first time? I know very few people who passed the first time, bec of nervousness, careless mistakes..... What did you do wrong? What should you have done differently? How do you project an air of confidence and does that matter or is it all points and nothing else?

cytlgr

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 10:05 pm
how to do a better parallel park. That's how I failed the first time, I was just too nervous to park well. In the week between my failed 1st and my 2nd and passed test, all I did was park on my driving lessons. And I got the same instructor both times.

Yocheved84

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 10:10 pm
1. Don't make small talk with the evaluators. They can be grumpy.
2. Don't take it in an area with a lot of stop signs
3. Don't take it during rush hour in a busy area of the city
4. Pick an area with wide streets (READ: DO NOT take the test in Williamsburg or in downtown BK)
5. Go in a car you've been practicing in
6. Pick a smaller car vs a minivan (you can see out the back window easier.)
Is there any way for you to take it in Yonkers (20 min from city) or in Yorktown (45 min)? The streets are wider.

Good luck! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! (This from someone who failed the first time.) Hatzlacha!

mother of one

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 10:12 pm
If u need glasses while driving, remember to put them on. My mom had them on her head but out of nervousness forgot to put them on her face. She failed before she even started driving!

farfromhome

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 10:22 pm
I passed my first time in nyc with one simple rule: NEVER take it in brooklyn, always in staten island!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics