Home

Laptop shopping

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Product Reviews -> Household Items

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


rainbow









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 7:36 pm       Post subject: laptop shopping
Can someone make a recommendation for a laptop?
I am bedridden and shopping online only. I shop at costco.com. I got an HP laptop recently and I am soooooo frustrated with the mousepad (the place where I put my finger....)
I want to ship it back but before I do I want to order another one.
Could the problem be with this particular piece or is HP in general not such good quality?
The others they have available are Dells and Acers. The Aliens are too expensive for me. And the refurbished ones are just as expensive as the non-refurbished so that's out too.

Or maybe I should wait to see what else they might offer in the near future?
Back to top

Atali









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 7:43 pm       Post subject: re: laptop shopping
I have a HP and I really like it.

Have you tried fixing the settings on your mouspad? Go to the control panel and adjust the settings so that the pointer moves faster. That should help. Also unselect the precision adjuster or something like that.
Back to top

rainbow









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 7:50 pm       Post subject: re: laptop shopping
I can be typing and all of a sudden the mouse is on a different place on the page....
Happens all the time...out-of-control little naughty mouse....
And often I'll be playing a game here and the mouse is behaving and then all of a sudden it's not moving normally! Like it got exhausted...I'll wait a few minutes and then it's back to normal...this yo-yo-ing drives me nuts..
Back to top

Atali









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 7:51 pm       Post subject: Re: re: laptop shopping
rainbow wrote:
I can be typing and all of a sudden the mouse is on a different place on the page....
Happens all the time...out-of-control little naughty mouse....
And often I'll be playing a game here and the mouse is behaving and then all of a sudden it's not moving normally! Like it got exhausted...I'll wait a few minutes and then it's back to normal...this yo-yo-ing drives me nuts..


That isn't an HP thing, it is a windows thing. It will happen on any other computer with Vista.

Go to the control panel and play around with your settings.
Back to top

goodheart









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 8:14 pm       Post subject: Re: laptop shopping
rainbow wrote:
Can someone make a recommendation for a laptop?
I am bedridden and shopping online only. I shop at costco.com. I got an HP laptop recently and I am soooooo frustrated with the mousepad (the place where I put my finger....)
I want to ship it back but before I do I want to order another one.
Could the problem be with this particular piece or is HP in general not such good quality?
The others they have available are Dells and Acers. The Aliens are too expensive for me. And the refurbished ones are just as expensive as the non-refurbished so that's out too.

Or maybe I should wait to see what else they might offer in the near future?

I know what ur talking about I had it too ! I got the macbook pro its the best I love it!
its more expensive but its worth it.
Back to top

rainbow









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 8:17 pm       Post subject: re: laptop shopping
Mine is not a vista, it's a '7'.
Goodheart, How much is a macbook?
Back to top

Atali









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 8:19 pm       Post subject: Re: re: laptop shopping
rainbow wrote:
Mine is not a vista, it's a '7'.
Goodheart, How much is a macbook?


So I guess & has the same problem.

If you already have a lot of software for your PC keep in mind that you will have to buy all new software for a Mac.

I recommend fiddling with your control panel settings and keeping your computer.
Back to top

mommalah









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 8:41 pm       Post subject: re: laptop shopping
I second, third, and fourth the Macbook pro!!
Back to top

bnm









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 8:41 pm       Post subject: re: laptop shopping
I attach a regular mouse and disable the touch pad.... its the only way I can work.
Back to top

rainbow









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 9:05 pm       Post subject: re: laptop shopping
Except that I'm bedridden and the external mouse needs a base of sorts...
Back to top

rainbow









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 9:05 pm       Post subject: re: laptop shopping
How much is a Macbook? Where do you get it?
Back to top

Ashrei









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 9:42 pm       Post subject: re: laptop shopping
DON'T get a Toshiba. I got one and I don't like it.

Get a Sony. They are great machines that are nice and small too.
http://www.sonystyle.com/webap.....initFilter

Scroll down and look the pink one. I've had sony's in the past and really liked them.

(ps I just use the touchpad. *shrug*)
_________________
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming."
Back to top

bnm









  
Post Posted: Mon, Nov 09 2009, 9:48 pm       Post subject: re: laptop shopping
I use the original mouse from the laptop as my pad. get a optical or laser mouse so you can use it on basically any surface....
Back to top
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Product Reviews -> Household Items
Page 1 of 1

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
No new posts laptop
by Ahuva
16 Thu, Nov 09 2006, 10:42 am View latest post
No new posts laptop
by amother
4 Sat, Aug 04 2007, 10:48 pm View latest post
No new posts buying a laptop 5 Thu, Sep 18 2008, 8:25 am View latest post
No new posts Laptop Computer 2 Sun, Dec 24 2006, 11:01 am View latest post
No new posts Laptop Recommendation 0 Wed, Dec 14 2011, 9:43 pm View latest post


Jump to:  







Report offensive ad