Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Need a pretty and yummy salad recipe - no lettuce
Previous  1  2

Tova

Post Wed, Nov 04 2009, 10:03 pm
I second the idea of a tri color pasta salad. When I made it for my daughter's kiddush every last noodle went! Inexpensive and easy to make.

elmos

Post Mon, Nov 09 2009, 7:14 pm
Sorry for not replying sooner the spinach pasta is easy the original recipe cals for shells the medium or large depends on the brand what they are called but take 1lb noodles cook it up and thaw between 10-16oz spinach depending how much you like in it. I usually use close to a pound squeeze out all the water and mix it up you dress it with either mayo and garlic powder and black pepper or to stretch the mayo I started using mayo and lowfat o fat free italian whatever I have handy. We like it creamy here sorry I never measured the mayo its a splash or so of dressing again its to your taste. This can be made in aadvance I will warn you that it absobs the dressing so occasionally before serving you may need to add a bit more mayo.

gold21

Post Mon, Nov 09 2009, 7:58 pm
cherry tomato and olive salad with a red wine vinegar dressing. corn salad with pickles and red peppers and a lemon juice dressing. chinese pasta salad with tri color pasta, peppers, mushrooms, and a soy sauce dressing. hearts of palm salad with cherry tomatoes, snow peas/snap peas, and italian dressing.

MorahRachel

Post Mon, Nov 09 2009, 8:44 pm
Edemame corn Salad

one bag of frozen (let it come to room temp) shelled edemame
dice a red pepper
dice an orange pepper
1 can yellow corn
1 can white corn
scallions or red onion if you want (I often leave this out)

dressing: use the good seasons Italian dressing but make it with red wine vinegar instead of white

solo

Post Mon, Nov 09 2009, 8:49 pm
is sushi salad not salad-y enough?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics