Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Leaving kids at babysitters

Did it get harder or easier to leave the kids?
harder  
 25%  [ 5 ]
easier  
 75%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 20

1stimer

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:44 pm
Did you find it harder or easier to leave your kid(s) as they got older?

mother48

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:53 pm
not sure if it gets easier, but I can say that when I took my 3 yr old for her first day of school, she's really shy, and wouldn't look at the teachers or answer them, I felt like crying more then her, I couldn't either really talk!

raizy

Post Sat, Jan 07 2006, 6:18 pm
I felt it was hard both ways. but it was easyier for the mother to get a babysitter in the house. the babysitter can dress feed and play with the kids. also when the babies are sleeping the babysitter can clean the house.

happymom

Post Sat, Mar 11 2006, 11:58 pm
when my baby was 6 months old, even if my sis in law would watch her for half hour cuz I needed to go somewhere, she would cry! So I barely did that... but now, shes 13 months kh and doesnt mind staying with someone she likes for a couple hours. (even though thank g-d its usually my husband who watches her when I need to go out) I basically only use family members as babysitters though, since I trust them and my baby loves them:)

RivkaS

Post Sun, Mar 12 2006, 12:46 am
Dear 1stimer!!!!! (and this is a matrones-tone or head-teacher or whatever you think is a threatening person....)
Don't give your lettle sweetheart over to a babysitter in your living area because whenever one hears news about babysitters lately it is about beating, shaking or otherwise abusing the kids!
And I don't want to hear such news from you too!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 12 2006, 1:03 am
I don't think this is about whether or not she should leave her child by a sitter, but rather that she is already doing it, so it would probably serve us all best not to make her worried or feel worse than she already is about it.

Mommy912

Post Sun, Mar 12 2006, 1:12 am
RivkaS wrote:
Dear 1stimer!!!!! (and this is a matrones-tone or head-teacher or whatever you think is a threatening person....)
Don't give your lettle sweetheart over to a babysitter in your living area because whenever one hears news about babysitters lately it is about beating, shaking or otherwise abusing the kids!
And I don't want to hear such news from you too!

What are you saying? Not to leave a child by a babysitter because all babysitters abuse kids? Question Question

RivkaS

Post Sun, Mar 12 2006, 2:32 am
No, I said that in the area that we live in have been too many cases of abuse by babysitters and everybody should know that! And if feeling bad means becoming more alert and more careful in the choice of a babysitter than it is only good for the child. Sorry to be rude, but we don't need another baby with brain-damage or marks on his/her body from hits and burns!

raizy

Post Sun, Mar 12 2006, 9:50 pm
hits and burns and abuse!!what is the world coming too!! maybe in your parts of the world that is happening but not in our nice commuinety. of canada and usa. what is happening sometimes in the non jewish world doesnt mean it happens in the jewish heimishe community. where pple are constanly coming and going. and not like the non jews who leave their child bye a babysitter from 8 oclock to 6 oclock every day!!!dont go around and scaring mothers for nothing.!!!

happymom

Post Sun, Mar 12 2006, 10:36 pm
raizy, have you heard of the playgroup in williamsburgh that killed two children? the lady who was watching these kids gave them cough syrup every day in their water to "calm them down" because like most playgroups, there were lots of kids and only one or two ladies to watch them. HOW SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shock Crying

realeez

Post Sun, Mar 12 2006, 10:45 pm
were the ppl who did that frum?

happymom

Post Sun, Mar 12 2006, 10:47 pm
YES! VERY FRUM

RivkaS

Post Mon, Mar 13 2006, 2:58 am
oh my g-d... yes, the folks here that do that to children are mostly russian nannies but it is horrible if a chiloni child gets hit so that it has to be taken to the hospital or a dati child ... it doesn't matter, it is a child who is abused and that is bad! But since you are all jumping on my for warning, I will not say anything any more, sorry for stirring this up.

raizy

Post Tue, Mar 14 2006, 10:11 pm
I didnt know that cough syrup calms kids down . in fact it suppose to do the oppisite. it get them wild. it stimilates them. it not something u should give to your child.

but I have a lady who didnt even let me give her child tynolol.bc it wasnt "natural" when the kid had fever and was crying lots of hrs. well when I went away and she had to take a sub. that day her kid had a seizere. bc she didnt let give tynolol. and the fever wasnt knocked down. not a very pretty site to see. when a baby is lying in a bed half "dead" etc. well now she informed me that I can give her child tynolol. so it worked both ways.

happymom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2006, 10:23 pm
that I very different then giving ALL the children in the playgroup tylonol when they arent even sick because u cant take care of them and want them to sleep!!!!!!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 10:08 am
I mean, now they're teenagers so it's easiest still, but as they grew and could play and be amused, they were more and more fine with being left.

truth be told it was only odd days like shushan purim, isru chag, etc., that I would work and they not have playgroup or school.

square_peg

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 6:55 pm
happymom wrote:
raizy, have you heard of the playgroup in williamsburgh that killed two children? the lady who was watching these kids gave them cough syrup every day in their water to "calm them down" because like most playgroups, there were lots of kids and only one or two ladies to watch them. HOW SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shock Crying

That is crazy! You have to be careful with whom you choose to watch over your kids. That being said, there are alot of wonderful babysitters out there. My babysitter would not give any medicine to a child before calling me. (Besides for the fact that I know that she can be trusted).

There are things to look out for. If your child is constantly with diaper rashes, unless you know that they are very prone, it is likely that they are not being cleaned enough. If your child doesn't sleep well at night when they do on the weekends, you can look into if they are sleeping too much during the day, or eating too little. Please, a good mother is on the lookout!

I've left a babysitter, because she ate pistochios and stuff and dropped the shells on the floor. (not because I was upset she made a mess in my house, but her careless attitude. Kids can choke on that)..

RivkaS

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 8:23 am
Dear whoever attacked me for scaring people ... just to let you know, today the 4 months old baby boy who was so badly abused by his babysitter that he had to be brought to the hospital, died of his bruises. The "babysitter" left the country one day after the child was hospitalized!
So much for scaring people for "nothing" ... I would say better save than sorry!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics