Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dd had a seizure after falling and banging her head!

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 6:40 pm
Last night, my dd fell off of a kid sized chair and got a concussion. I picked her up and she had a little seizure in my arms. It was so scary! We went to the emergency room, where they did a cat scan. B"H, everything looked okay and they sent her home after making sure that she could keep down food. She slept well last night, for the first time in a month. Very Happy We kept checking that she was responding when we moved her, and her responses were small and took a long time to come. Then she woke up, stood on the edge of the bathtub to wash Negel Vasser, and she fell into the tub! She banged her elbow, and cried until she threw up. She does tend to throw up when she cries, but throwing up was one of the warning signs that we should go back to the ER. She was totally fine after that, so I sent her to school. She had a great day, B"H!

micki

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 7:15 pm
I would double check with her pedeatrition. better not take any chances.
refuah sheleima.

PIP

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 7:42 pm
My daughter had that once. it was THE SCARIEST thing I've ever experienced. I took her to the ER, the a few days later (it happened on yom tov) I took her back to the doctor. Now that I'm thinking of it, she threw up a few days after it happened. But B"H she was fine!
Take her to the doctor just for your own piece of mind. Good Luck, I know how you feel!!!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 8:54 pm
a concussion can last a few days. if she is really lethargic take her back to the dr or ER.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics