Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Whats a good DIET lunch to make?
Previous  1  2

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 7:08 pm
salad with cottage cheese and fresh fruit. nice and boring.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 7:17 pm
When I was on a diet I would have the kind of "soft" steak like in hamburgers with a reasonable portion of steamed potatoes and a healthy sauce like homemade, mixed oil, mayo and vinegar until it becomes white.
For the dinner I would have veggies and the same type of meat. I lost a ton.

estibesty

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 7:51 pm
instead of zucchini I do spagetti squash I bake it micawave for like 15 min and mix w/ low fat cheese and ketchup
its like good old man n cheese (well almost)

estibesty

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 7:52 pm
or dr pragers veg patties broil and put on some cheese at end in ww. roll its 1 of my fav diet lunches

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 7:59 pm
How hungry is this person? I have juice, coffee, a fruit and my energyh bar in the AM; come afternoon I have a cup of soup plus my yogurt and granola.

I'm pretty hungry for dinner, though; but that's taken into consideration obviously.

bashinda

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 8:02 pm
I would be starving if I ate that way. I guess to each their own.

I posted this elsewhere but I'm into burritos right now. In fact I froze a dozen of them for lunches. I found these low carb wraps and put about a little more than 1/3 c. refried beans, a little salsa and around 1 oz. shredded cheese. the tortillas I found have a ton of fiber in them and put that together with soup or a salad and it's a good meal.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 8:13 pm
I drink a very big coffee, if that makes you feel any better.

Yocheved84

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 8:22 pm
Bring a HUGE salad with canned mandarin oranges, chickpeas, onions, and tofu (if you like tofu). It gives you tons of fiber and protein. It was actually quite satisfying--and drink a HUUUUGE decaf coffee to keep you hydrated.

sky

Post Mon, Nov 02 2009, 11:12 am
salad (lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, pepper), with black beans, and tuna. If you want you can put it in a WW or flax seed wrap or eat it plain with WW crackers.

Spinach, cottage cheese, and egg white omellet. It is pretty quick to put together and I eat it with a large salad. I make it with frozen spinach: http://sweetandsaucy.wordpress.....eese/

Microwaved tilapia: Sprinkle a fillet of tilapia with lemon juice, salt, pepper and fresh crushed garlic. cover with parchment paper and microwave for 2 minutes on each side. I also eat this with a big salad.

Grilled veggies and cheese on a WW or Flax seed wrap. I put Fat Free marinara sauce on the wrap and cover with veggies (onions, peppers, tomatoes, olives, beans, etc) sprinkle on some cheese and garlic and cook on high until the cheese is metled and the veggies are cooked through.

greeneyes

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 3:19 pm
octopus wrote:
cheesy zucchini! I don't know how restricted you guys are, but I love making this when I get the pizza urge! Cut up big pot of zucchini, pour like two cans of tomato sauce in. cook. when soft, turn off flame, and add lowfat cheese. it will melt. stir. add spices onion pwder, garlic pwder and oregano. yum!

Octopus, I made this for lunch today & it was really good. I "sauteed" an onion in pam before adding the zuchinni, & put in a bit of ketchup in addition to the tomato sauce, but otherwise followed your directions. Yum! (Guess what I'll be making for lunch tomorrow? Wink ) Thanks for the idea!

Barbara

Post Mon, Nov 16 2009, 3:51 pm
Crockpot veggie soup -- 10 oz spinach (I use frozen, and just dump the brick in the crockpot), 2 carrots, 2 stalks celery, one onion (all chopped, of course), 4 cups veggie broth, 1 T dried basil, 1 t oregano, red pepper flakes to taste, 2 bay leaves. Cook on high 5 hours.

Salad with strips of grilled chicken cutlets

Parfait of plain fat free yogurt, Fibre One cereal and fruit

veggie burger on Arnold sandwich thin

Baked potato with fat free cottage cheese and veggies

eggplant rolatini made using fat free ricotta

Brown rice and veggies, add some low fat cheese if you'd like

Smoked turkey sandwich
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics