Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wedding of DH's Israeli relative

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 8:28 am
A family relative of DH's (not a cousin, but related somehow) is getting married and I can't find the right kind of dress/outfit for the wedding. The couple is Israeli and its probably going to be a fancy wedding. What do I wear as a cousin's wife? I'm not so close to the bride since she lives in Israel but I am with her sisters who live here.

Marion

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 8:29 am
A "fancy" wedding by Israeli standards means you can wear Shabbat clothes.

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 8:54 am
well her sisters are all wearing gowns and half the family lives in London, so its not typical Israeli. Thats why I'm unsure what to wear. I don't want to be underdressed. I must find out what her sisters are wearing..

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 9:25 am
But you're not exactly immediate family. Wearing a nice Shabbat outfit/suit will be fine.

louche

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 9:35 am
If you're not walking down the aisle, why would you think you'd need a gown? Cousins aren't materially different from regular guests even if you're asked to be in family group pix.

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 10:08 am
I didn't say I wanted to wear a gown.

In the past I've gone to DH's family weddings and people that are not related but close to the family wear beautiful dresses. They were in London, but still. I guess I'll look for a fancier Shabbat outfit.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 11:28 am
If the wedding in in London, wear what ever people there wear. If it's in Israel, don't knock yourself out, as others have written. A nice Shabbat dress or suit is all you need. No one cares what you are wearing here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics