Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Upsherin Ideas

Petra

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 9:06 am
B"H, my DS will be turning 3 soon. I've never done an upsherin and have only attended 1 previously. What is the general format of events? Also, our house is really small so we were thinking of doing a melave malka upshirin in the shul. That is really the only way I see it working so that we can invite our little community.
Any ideas?

Petra

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 9:36 am
I should specify--we're MO.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 9:44 am
we made ours both in the shul hall, but your house is fine if you have enough space. they worked out both being on sunday, so we did it in the afternoon and served tea food. (cakes, sandwiches and so on) You could do it the evening or a breakfast - whatever works! if you are doing melave malka maybe do a dessert buffet and finger food..it can end up expensive serving a full meal to your whole community.

basically people come, say mazel tov, and people take a turn snipping off some hair. We also gave the upsherin boy a pile of coins and everyone came and he gave them one to put in a tzedaka box.

You may prefer to do it in the daytime...try and do it when your son will be awake and happy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics