Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Pinworms-help!!!!!!!!!!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 7:28 pm
Help!!!My sons has pinworms and even with medicine,they keep coming back-Im horrified and hope someone has a tried and true solution
Tia!!

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 8:16 pm
Make sure he washes his hands well before eating. Also, it helps to keep his nails short. The dirt that gets stuck there may have pinworm eggs in it. Some kids catch it more easily than others.

canadamom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 8:26 pm
do you have more than one child? pinworms are contagous, if one child gets them I give e/o the medicine. don't share towels, cut nails short. limit sugar intake. make sure they are out of your house, and then hopefully your son won't get it again

new-here

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 9:45 pm
My son kept getting them back every few months. My doctor said to take vermox for 3 days in a row to rid the body of all of them.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 10:05 pm
op here,thanx 4 the input-just cut his nails & we all took the meds...& were BIG washers but thanx- well try EVERYTHING!!!

itsme

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 10:55 pm
#1 it is important to wash his linen.
#2 dont walk bare footed
#3 dr. said that if child scratches then eats food with hands that isnt washed he might infest himself (by eating the eggs that r stuck under the nails)

amother

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 10:09 am
My DD had pinworms over and over a few years ago, and she couldn't seem get rid of it. She did the vermox twice and still kept getting it.....

We then went to a homeopathic doctor and she gave us these drops called Black Walnut extract (you can google it on the internet for info), and told me to put a number of drops into a drink (we did orange juice) every day for 10 days I think (the number of drops went according to DD's weight.) She also recommended garlic - we did a garlic pill. After a few days DD told me that lots and lots of pinworms came out (like they were being expelled)...it was gross...and then she got rid of them. B"H! They did not come back after that!

Hope this helps (it still nauseates me to think of it).

shevi82

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 10:19 am
put a clove of garlic in the behind , also let him eat garlic (like in soup) my SIL told me it worked for her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers