Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Chanuka Flashmob in Jerusalem
Previous  1  2

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 8:20 pm
I think it's very cute.

jelibean

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 10:14 pm
This video is far from improv -- it's totally staged. I don't get how it could be improv with everyone just 'happening' to know the dance like that and then walking away at the exact same moment.

As for NBN, we took their aliyah flight 4 years ago and 97% of the people on it were frum. So while 'non-frum' make aliyah, I believe that the majority making the move are in the Orthodox spectrum. I was a bit surprised myself to see the video on the NBN website -- it seemed to me that the young people in it were students, not olim.

smilingmom

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 6:36 am
jelibean wrote:
This video is far from improv -- it's totally staged. I don't get how it could be improv with everyone just 'happening' to know the dance like that and then walking away at the exact same moment.

I did not mean improv as in literally improvisation, but rather in the same genre as
http://improveverywhere.com/ Improv Everywhere
which stages stunts like this in NYC.
And you are correct the dancers where probably students, just like the people in other advertisements don't really prefer Coke to Pepsi.

Mazal Tov and Hatzlachah on making Aliyah.

jelibean

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 7:11 am
Quote:
I did not mean improv as in literally improvisation, but rather in the same genre as
http://improveverywhere.com/ Improv Everywhere
which stages stunts like this in NYC.

Mazal Tov and Hatzlachah on making Aliyah.

Ah, I got ya now. I like the grocery store musical better than I love lunch! Better voices, and funnier too, IMO. What an amazing concept...too funny.

Thanks on the well wishes for aliyah. We weren't making aliyah in the classic sense, as DH was a toshav chozer (he's a Sabra) and I had officially made aliyah in the mid-90s before we got married. Our kids had the status of olim ktinim. Very complicated! But now we're here in the US through the summer, so I guess we're just citizens of the world right now, waiting for Moshiach like the rest...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics