Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone familiar with PVL - Periventricular Leukomalasia?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 2:35 pm
We were just told my DD might have it. She'll be going for an MRI.
Any experience with PVL? Any advice?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 9:45 pm
Bump.
I've googled and spoken to professionals but could use some advice or hand-holding....

happyone

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 8:54 am
I know two mothers of children with PVL. it's common in premature babies where the membranes are very small and can rupture easily.

After your MRI, if it is indeed PVL, I can connect you to two or more parents. (after getting their permission) With PVL symptoms vary and what the affect on one child will not necessarily tell you what to expect of your own child.

Hatzlacha. You also might want to join the special needs board for chizuk and advice.

shemesh

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 8:39 pm
my baby had this as a baby ( was born premature ) that cause him cp, he is a perfectly normal, happy , smart, cute kid with motor issues. but like all doctors told has, the baby could have this but doesnt mean he would have something , a lot of kids are perfectly fine ! good luck !

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 2:13 pm
happyone wrote:
I know two mothers of children with PVL. it's common in premature babies where the membranes are very small and can rupture easily.

After your MRI, if it is indeed PVL, I can connect you to two or more parents. (after getting their permission) With PVL symptoms vary and what the affect on one child will not necessarily tell you what to expect of your own child.

Hatzlacha. You also might want to join the special needs board for chizuk and advice.

I know this is an old thread but my baby was just diagnosed with this. Another if your baby really did have it and you still around can you let me know your experience?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics