Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
ISO broccoli side dish (not kugel/pie or salad)

lamplighter

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 8:11 pm
Something I can make with frozen broccoli would be best Smile

msym

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 8:13 pm
In the KBD for kids there is a great broccoli recipe made with honey, soy sauce and sesame oil. I dont have time to look it up now- but if youre interested I can try later.

RN

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 8:14 pm
put into the oven with a little oil salt and garlic powder bake covered for around an hour.

wtvr

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 8:16 pm
I recently did something really, really easy and it was delicious.

Just took the broccolli (cuts) out of the freezer and let it sit for a while. Put in a pan with olive oil, crushed garlic cubes, salt and pepper. Mixed, and put in the oven with the food that I was warming for Shabbos. (I warm my food at 200 till the meal). It was, quick, easy and pple loved it!

lamplighter

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 10:55 pm
Sorry I forgot to add, there is a soy sauce allergy in my family so anything without soy sauce would be better.

Motheroftwins

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 11:00 pm
Does it have to be for shabbos? can it be a dairy side dish for during the week?
broccoli quiche is awesome! and so easy.
1 frozen pie shell
1 onion, chopped and sauteed with 1/4 tsp salt, pepper and galic powder. let cool.
Put onion in a bowl w 4 eggs and mix.
Put broc in pie shell. (dont have to cook it first, just let it defrost in strainer) pour egg/onions on top, cover evenly.
sprinkle motzerella cheese on top and bake till cheese is melted and a little brown....
comes out perfect every time!

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 11:03 pm
The Balabuste's Choice cookbook has a Tasty Broccoli recipe. I don't have it on me, but it's cooked broccoli with a roux (sauteed flour). It's SO good!

I also make Garlic broccoli from the What's Cooking? cookbook. If you want the recipe, post or PM me and I'll get it for you. (It's boiled broccoli with a lemon/garlic sauce.)

Kaybee

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 11:08 pm
I salt it and put it in the oven on 350 for 20 minutes then put some mayo, salt and spices(sometimes crushed garlic) and put it backin the oven for another 20 min. It's delic!

shanie5

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 11:11 pm
Lemon garlic broccoli:

4 cups brocolli

1 tblsp minced garlic
2 tblsp lemon juice
4 tblsp butter or margerine

If using frozen brocolli, just heat it, if using fresh, put in boiling water for about 5 minutes-till cooked but still crisp

in small pan, heat marg, garlic & lemon juice-till marg is melted. pour over drained brocolli-enjoy

tizunabi

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 2:57 am
Schnitzel broccoli.
Flour, egg, and Bread Crumb the broccoli (with flavored bread crumbs or flavor them yourself) like you would schnitzel.
And fry in a bit of oil like you would schnitzel.
The broccoli should be slightly defrosted when you start, but not cooked.

Zus

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 3:02 am
We just eat it like that. Put the frozen chunks in a pot with just a little water added. TUrn on low fire until it starts steaming. You only need to cook it long enough for everything to get heated. If you want you can add some salt, but you don't even have to.
That's all!

sympa

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 9:35 am
Motheroftwins wrote:
Does it have to be for shabbos? can it be a dairy side dish for during the week?
broccoli quiche is awesome! and so easy.
1 frozen pie shell
1 onion, chopped and sauteed with 1/4 tsp salt, pepper and galic powder. let cool.
Put onion in a bowl w 4 eggs and mix.
Put broc in pie shell. (dont have to cook it first, just let it defrost in strainer) pour egg/onions on top, cover evenly.
sprinkle motzerella cheese on top and bake till cheese is melted and a little brown....
comes out perfect every time!

Just made this, and came back to check the recipe... AHH I forgot the spices! I'm such a lame cook, I do stuff like that all the time Rolling Eyes
That's why my husband should just do all the cooking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes