Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Looking for modern orthodox high school

youngmom

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 10:05 am
I'm trying to help someone find a modern orthodox school preferably in the midwest area.
this girl is looking for a school that allows ncsy too.
anyone have any suggestions?

Chani

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 10:18 am
Beit Sefer Mizrachi in Cleveland

youngmom

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 10:21 am
can you give me details about it?

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 10:26 am
Is there a school in Memphis?

Chani

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 11:03 am
As it happens, I'm from Memphis too! Yes there is a high school. When we last lived there, boys and girls were in separate buildings, there was a boys dormitory and girls from out of town lived in a house with the family of one of the rebbes

youngmom

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 11:05 am
oh, I forgot to add that a dormitory would definitely be a plus.
what are these schools like? are they good? how many students?

Chani

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 11:07 am
I don't know so very much about Beit sefer. I have heard that it has excellent academics, but it does have coed classes, girls learn gemara, boys almost all go to hesder yeshivot or straight to college (several have gone to Ivy League schools). Limudei kodesh are taught in Ivrit, not English. My understanding is that it has a very good reputation with YU/Stern.

youngmom

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 11:08 am
Beit sefer - is that what it's called? Which one is this, the one in Memphis or in Cleveland?

Chani

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 11:21 am
Beit Sefer is in Cleveland. I think the school in Memphis recently changed names. It used to be the Margolin Hebrew Academy/Yeshiva of the South. I don't believe Beit Sefer has a dormitory, BTW, but I'm sure they place students from out of town in the community. The school in Memphis is going to have more of a mix of students, from very modern to very black hat, since it is the only school in town. Beit Sefer, on the other hand, is competing with two other orthodox schools, and so has a more uniformly "modern" student body. (The more black hat crowd is going to be at the Hebrew Academy of Cleveland or Mosdos Ohr Hatorah). Beit Sefer is bigger, better funded, has nicer facilities, and is more ideologically Modern. I imagine its tuition is more than in Memphis... You can check out their website at www.fuchsmizrachi.org.

youngmom

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 11:24 am
thank you so much for your help.
I tried the website, it's not working. are you sure that's it?

nicole81

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 12:05 pm
butting in here... youngmom, when you click on the link you'll notice there's a period after mizrachi. just delete it and the link will work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics