Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Big Toe very swollen and bad odor....

Motherof7

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 8:47 pm
My son was complaining that his foot is hurting him. I looked at it and woosh terrible strong odor and the big toe is swollen and very red. Has a darker outline on the bottom of the toe and a small bubble in the middle. The top of the bottom near his other toes is also red.

Any idea what this could be? Of course I will take him to the doc in the morning, but I am nervous it could be some infection that could travel up in the middle of the night.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 9:00 pm
did he step on something that remained lodged in the "bubble" ... I would definitely poke around myself and see if it will relieve the pain & swelling ...

Motherof7

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 9:06 pm
I tried that, but this looks more than just the bubble, someone suggested pin worms or ring worms, so I checked him and that area is red too, so to the doc we shall go. I have never seen this before, but I guess with the kids there is always something new to see huh?

amother

Post Fri, Dec 04 2009, 1:01 am
refuah shleimah!

he may have an ingrown toe nail, or even a small splinter.

the bubble needs to be poked and drained. its very painful. the dr. will do it, too hard for a mom to do.
what you can do while you wait, is soak the foot in hot water and a lot of salt.

the danger with this sort of thing is if you see a little line of blue traveling up his foot. I cant remember what its called, but its very dangerous.
also, very painful.

grin

Post Fri, Dec 04 2009, 1:34 am
amother wrote:
refuah shleimah!

he may have an ingrown toe nail, or even a small splinter.

the bubble needs to be poked and drained. its very painful. the dr. will do it, too hard for a mom to do.
what you can do while you wait, is soak the foot in hot water and a lot of salt.

the danger with this sort of thing is if you see a little line of blue traveling up his foot. I cant remember what its called, but its very dangerous.
also, very painful.
that would be blood poisoning ch'v and would warrant a visit to the ER now!

but w/o that, I would definitely feel this is urgent enough to go first thing in the morning - refua shleima.

Motherof7

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 9:12 pm
Thanks everyone we went to the doc and she said it was some sort of infection more like fungus, so she gave me cream. She said it probably came from his sweat in his socks.

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 9:18 pm
refuah shelaima !!! make sure to get cotton socks and leather shoes so his feet have proper air ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics