Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Blood in stool

amother

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 9:28 pm
DD got a shot today (not her first). She was screaming for an hour this afternoon (she is BH not a screamer at all) and then calmed down. She's been calm for a couple of hours. Now I discovered some slight bloody traces in her diaper.

I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow morning IYH. But has anyone had something like this? Can it be shot related or totally not?

drumjj

Post Fri, Dec 04 2009, 2:53 am
what type of stool was it. if it was very hard its very possible she might have torn some skin in the back passage and therefore had a bit of blood.

proud_mama

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 8:55 pm
If it is a one time accurance, it could be that she strained too much to let out her stool. Mention it to your doctor.
My daughter had that for a year and a half, she would have real red splotches in her stool, the doctor said in the begining maybe cuz she is so actice might not have patience to sit on the toilet and strains harder to finish already, then when it didnt go away, he put her on different diets, and it still didnt stop, so they did a colonoscaphy (sp?) and discovered a huge - strawberry sized polyp in her tush, and they had to cut it out. B"H everything that was done to her was simple procedures and she is B"H fine.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 9:44 pm
At six weeks old I noticed blood in my baby's stool.
Little, little spots and streaks.
The Doctor said it was probably an Intolerance to something so, I went on a special Diet (doctor did not notice any torn skin...) starting with No Dairy, then No Soy and then NO eggs.
I don't know in the end what really caused it... I was only nursing.
I was on the Diet for a good six months. It did stop shortly after I went off the eggs, and the extra crying stopped as well!
Speak to Doc.
Good Luck & Hope Baby feels better real soon!!

acccdac

Post Sat, Dec 05 2009, 10:00 pm
does your daughter have a cold?

when my son was a few months old I noticed the same thing. the doc told me that internal bleeding will show up black in the stool. we took samples and had them tested it was blood. The doc explained that when sick the glands in the colon get swollen just like they do in the neck and when they have a bowel movement it sometimes can scrap at the gland and cause it to bleed. It is something that the body grows out of/matures on its own.

definitely talk to the doctor about it because your case could be different
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics