Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
14 mth old forces herself to gag

COOLME56

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 4:53 pm
Ok, I really need advice. My baby whos 14 mths old has been forcing herself to gag very frquently throught the day. Its usually when shes in her highchair and doesnt want to eat anymore and also at anytime. This has been going on for a while and she is currently in the 2nd percentile with weight. Everyone is stumped including my pediatric GI, who thinks it might be behavioral.

She has no reflux issues and we recently had an upper GI x ray and it was compelty normal.

A/o experience this? I am at a loss!

SingALong

Post Sun, Dec 06 2009, 4:59 pm
my kids both did this starting earlier in age, maybe 9 months? can't remember exactly. I just posted this recently so I know there is another thread similar to this....

anyways, by me it was totally behavioral, usually they forced themselves to vomit when I put them to bed and they wanted to come out. of course I would listena nd if I heard gagging I would take them out to clean up and change sheets, it was a nightmare.

from your case, maybe give her a different eating location? or maybe try finger foods that she can do on her own, more fun and she chooses if she's hungry she'll eat.

cheerios, tiny chicken pieces, cooked carrots soft but not mushy, macaroni is fun.

good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics