Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Healthy Low Carb Low Fat recipes for Chanukah
Previous  1  2  3

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 6:11 pm
Mrs XYZ- I want the recipe!

jewishdiabetes

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 2:24 am
RivkiA wrote:

one of the most important tricks in using non-starchy vegetables is to drain them very well

after boiling till soft, I put them in a colander over a bowl or pot and keep them in the fridge over night--the next day I squash them while still in the colander and lots of liquid still comes out

I also add chicken or meat soup powder to the water when I boil the vegt---for added flavor

to serve as a side dish you can even beat them with a hand mixer or immersion blender till smooth and add the onions after---always using EnLITEned onions of course

We are happy to try and EnLITEn any dish that you miss having---almost every dish can be equally good with substitutions

jewishdiabetes

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 3:22 am
BS'D
Since chanukah is around the corner we just wanted to remind everyone about some of the low fat/low carb latkes versions that we have posted here

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....cipes

The first thing I prepare are a batch of any of these latkes that I keep near me for munching while I prepare all the other chanukah goodies---this helps me stay on track, not feel deprived and/or starving

A freilichin Chanukah to everyone and wanted to let you all know that EnLITEned has been translated to Hebrew and is called BISHULITE

jewishdiabetes wrote:
RivkiA wrote:

one of the most important tricks in using non-starchy vegetables is to drain them very well

after boiling till soft, I put them in a colander over a bowl or pot and keep them in the fridge over night--the next day I squash them while still in the colander and lots of liquid still comes out

I also add chicken or meat soup powder to the water when I boil the vegt---for added flavor

to serve as a side dish you can even beat them with a hand mixer or immersion blender till smooth and add the onions after---always using EnLITEned onions of course

We are happy to try and EnLITEn any dish that you miss having---almost every dish can be equally good with substitutions
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise