Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
What is an IPOD?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 10:09 pm
My husband received a nano IPOD as a gift on Purim. We don't even know what it is. Is it for music?

My husband got a palm pilot last year[same person gave it] and it is still in the closet because he couldn't figure it out. What is a Palm used for?

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 10:17 pm
A palm can organize you instead of lists but a nano
Those things Tongue Out let me explain

It has a string that looks like you can use as a shoe lace unil you realize it's in someones ear then you think perhaps it's a hearing aid until you see this young teen in the Dr's office rocking back and forth, then realize there must be more to that thing only when that person stands up to go to the room do you see the box of some sort they r holding. welcome to technology Rolling Eyes welcome to a new toy, the nano can hold 1000- 2000 or more songs depending.
I mean how many would one listen to anyway. I mean imagine sharing this toy with that ear peice hope the persons ear was thouroughly cleaned first. Twisted Evil

My son recieved this as a bar Mitzvah present ...... what a waste he's bored with it already....... Rolling Eyes anyone interested. Confused

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 10:38 pm
An IPOD can play MP3 (audio) files.

My husband uses his MP3 player (a generic IPOD) for listening to shiurim. Commuting to work, he learns torah!! He downloads tons of shiurim from the net. Daf yomi, halacha, hashkafa, you name it. I also listen to shiurim on my MP3 player. Then after you've listened to it you can erase it and get some more files.

We download free MP3 files but you can also buy them, usually with a subscription.

Oh we also listen to music on them, you can buy the audio files from Mostlymusic.com. I also have a tape adapter for mine, so instead of using earphones we listen to it through the stereo in the car.

Some of the best money we ever spent!!!

If you are interested I can post some of the websites we download files from.

queen

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 8:31 am
amother wrote:
My husband got a palm pilot last year and it is still in the closet because he couldn't figure it out.

Send it to the palace without delay!!!
LOL

amother

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 10:45 am
Queen, Maybe you rather tell me how to use it... LOL I am technologically challenged What

zkalan

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 11:28 am
Didn't it come with instructions? If not maybe you should google it.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 11:35 am
It's very easy to use.
Pop in the software cd that it came with, import music to itunes, then hook the usb cable to the port and transfer your music to your ipod.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 11:53 am
we know someone who has all the recorded sichos of the Lubavitcher Rebbe on his Ipod. It's great. Tefila, put some sichos on your son's ipod.

Can you do a search on an Ipod? (never had one, so don't know).

MOM222

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 1:37 pm
queen wrote:
amother wrote:
My husband got a palm pilot last year and it is still in the closet because he couldn't figure it out.

Send it to the palace without delay!!!
LOL

Ditto!
I'll even give my name and address 8)

hisorerus

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 1:44 pm
Meema2Kids wrote:
If you are interested I can post some of the websites we download files from.

I'm interested!

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 2:31 pm
www.rabbileff.net Very extensive files, Q&A, holidays, parsha, amud yomi. There are some great shiurim on preparing for Pesach

http://www.simpletoremember.co.....x.htm Mostly shiurim on Jewish concepts

http://www.classicsinai.com/

http://torahnetwork.org/mp3.html Chicago shiurim

http://www.613.org/

http://www.aishaudio.com/homep.....vleft This you have to pay to subscribe but I think they do have a few free things

http://www.teachittome.com/torah/

http://www.dovidgottlieb.com/R......html

I know my husband downloads at least one daf yomi shiur every day but I'm not sure from where - maybe www.dafyomi.com?

ektsm

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 8:11 pm
Oh come on we live in teh 21st century

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 8:12 pm
Quote:
Oh come on we live in teh 21st century

We do shock

jewgal84

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 8:37 pm
My dh husband bought me the Ipod Nano for an anniversary present and I love it!

I use it on the train on the way/back to work and I work-out with it.

We bought an armband that you slip the nano in, it velcroes onto your arm, and voila- you are all set to run on the treadmill!

It's pretty slick.

You can add on pictures and games.

It's definately fun, can't imagine an Ipod around my house and not finding use of it. (send us the plam pilot, we'll put it to good use Wink !

amother

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 12:35 pm
Quote:
It's definately fun, can't imagine an Ipod around my house and not finding use of it. (send us the plam pilot, we'll put it to good use

O.P. here.
Can u tell me how to use these in very plain english? Is a Palm a personal organizer? Cn I put my numerous 'to do' lists on it?? Does it cost money to download things to a palm?? I think I will 'steal' this palm for myself LOL

On aa different note.... How can I get this guy to stop buying gifts that we cant use? It is either a bulky silver piece or a newfangled tech toy thatr we don't even know how to use Wink

hisorerus

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 12:54 pm
The Palm comes with a computer program, or you can download it at palm.com. The computer program is a to do list, calendar, address book. You can enter information either on the computer or on the Palm, and "sync" it (synchronize the information) by connecting the Palm to the computer with a "cable" (just a cord that plugs one end into each, should have come with the Palm).

The Palm can be used to remind you of things, with alarms before each event, you can download a Sidur/Chumash/Tanya/Mishna/Gemara/etc. for free, ask me if you want the link.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 12:59 pm
I hope to have time on Chol Hamoed to play with these new toys and figure out how to enjoy them. LOL

Thanx for all the info.

jewgal84

Post Mon, Apr 10 2006, 11:10 am
N/P- Enjoy Very Happy !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics