Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Tznius Clothing For my Three Year Old
Previous  1  2

goldrose

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 9:51 am
ave j stores - flatbush. nice stuff. not $100, but about $60-$70. I wouldnt spend, but maybe you would.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 1:33 pm
I'm with u Cindy! The CP shrugs are trashy?! I think they are adorable. Yes, for adults, if they tie under the breast they can be. I tried one myself only because (my very Tznius consicous btw) mother convinced me too. It happened to look stupid on me more than anything else. But trashy for a 3 yr old - come on!

TCP have gorgeous dresses with roses on the shoulders & wide stripes in green or orange to match the shrugs. I wanted to buy it, but my dd has 3 outfits already.

The pleated skirts are cute too, but are meant to be above the knee so I'd have to buy a really big size.

PIP

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 2:07 pm
im gunna have to agree w\ amother. I thing shrugs are disgusting and Idont know how anyone religious person could wear such a thing. HOw can ou not call something that attracts attention to the chest area untznius??? I dont care if there are on children that have n othing there, The whole idea is atrotious to me.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 2:21 pm
maybe you need to get the next size up, if if looks that way.

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 2:26 pm
I think shrugs too are trashy. It's like putting a kid in a bikini Confused

realeez

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 4:33 pm
why not just buy the sleeveless dress and wear as a jumper with a blouse underneath?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:04 pm
momof3 wrote:
I'm with u Cindy! The CP shrugs are trashy?! I think they are adorable. Yes, for adults, if they tie under the breast they can be. I tried one myself only because (my very Tznius consicous btw) mother convinced me too. It happened to look stupid on me more than anything else. But trashy for a 3 yr old - come on!

TCP have gorgeous dresses with roses on the shoulders & wide stripes in green or orange to match the shrugs. I wanted to buy it, but my dd has 3 outfits already.

The pleated skirts are cute too, but are meant to be above the knee so I'd have to buy a really big size.

momof3 I'm sorry but they are trashy! How can something that ties around the breast be tznius? What kind of tznius accentuates that area? They look very cheap...like something a movie star would wear. Why would you want to emulate that?

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:07 pm
Quote:
why not just buy the sleeveless dress and wear as a jumper with a blouse underneath?

Thats what I do but with a cotton top matching and everyone thinks she looks adorable. It's the only way out if u r on a budget I think Confused

BlumaG

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:10 pm
my mother obught my little girls matching shrugs(known as boleros in england) they r crocheted and I thought no way wud I dress my kid in that til I saw them, they r v sweet buti did make her exchange one bc it was too fittedo n my 2 yr old who ka"h is a big kid
my girls have 2 matchings sleevless dresses for yom tov which they'll wear with long sleeve shirts or short sleeves depending on the weather and later this summer they will wear them withuot anything, they r both under 3

shoy18

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:21 pm
I dont think trashy is the word, its more like trendy.

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:48 pm
Shoy there are some trendy clothes that are not trashy. Exclamation Sorry to be so crass but trashy is the word for thosre boleros, and putting leather or the like minis on a two yr old too is trashy Exclamation even if it's a child imo

BlumaG

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:51 pm
I perosnally likeed the poncho style better

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:53 pm
Quote:
I perosnally likeed the poncho style better

Yes blumag those r cute Tongue Out

amother

Post Mon, Apr 10 2006, 9:47 pm
I put my one year old in a bikini... she looks adorable! LOL I'm not one for attributing s-xuality to my 1 year old when none exists. In fact, its kind of sick that you would say anything on a 3 year old could look trashy... Is she just really mature for her age? shock

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 11 2006, 7:40 am
dd wears a tankini b/c she's two different sizes on top and bottom.

some leeway in styles has to be allowed!

amother

Post Tue, Apr 11 2006, 8:36 am
has anyone who says tcp shrugs are trashy seen them on? they dont have a tie and if u buy one size larger with a short sleeve tee under it actually looks fabulous and so not trashy

Anonymous

Post Sat, Apr 15 2006, 7:20 pm
I'm going to agree with the morah here - my five year old daughter (and most of her class, lol) still have trouble keeping their skirts up. They like to wear them down under yhe curve of their bellies. I gave up and bought her several of the t-shirt dresses from Lands End, LL Bean, and Hanna Andersson, all on sale. I get the long sleeves although this is the last summer she could wear the short sleeves (from these companies the short sleeved little girls' aren't too too short). For summer I buy knit capris for under so she can run and play -- the dresses cover past the knees.

I gave up shopping in regular stores; prices too high for the quality. LE, LLB, HA you can definitely hand down.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Apr 15 2006, 7:41 pm
I guess that makes the shrug more like a jacket, to buying it one size bigger.

Tefila

Post Sat, Apr 15 2006, 11:07 pm
Quote:
I'm going to agree with the morah here - my five year old daughter (and most of her class, lol) still have trouble keeping their skirts up. They like to wear them down under yhe curve of their bellies

Thank-You Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics