Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Going out with coworkers
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 11:52 am
Butnot all. Scroll back through the replies; you'll see what I mean.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 11:57 am
I did, before answering. Most people said to go, with the only one who said absolutely that she wouldn't, did say later that she had come across these dilemmas in her working life. So that validates whatever answer she gives as much as anybody else. And she didn't judge.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 12:15 pm
Again, but not all. Check the responses, unless some have been deleted/edited.

SomebodyElse

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 12:42 pm
Given that they're willing to go to a kosher restaurant, and that there are other women, I would almost certainly go. (Unless your colleagues frequently talk about inappropriate things.)

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:18 pm
If you spoke with a Rav then you have your answer. Don't feel guilty if you have a psak. Also sit with the women and don't socialize much in conversation with the men.

I have been in the situation where I was expected to go to lunches also and didn't like it. I found that most of my co-workers were buying alcoholic drinks. So it was very social. where I worked it was the secretaries that always pushed these gatherings. Everyone else just felt pushed to go. I wasn't just some secretary so I could use a deadline or something else to get out of it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics