Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Yetzer hara

yehudis

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 5:24 pm
Has anybody else noticed that whenever a 3-year-old is saying a beracha really nicely, it's an indicator that the baby standing next to her has a smelly diaper?

I guess the smell disarms the yetzer hara, since it's not a mitzva to say a beracha in such circumstances.

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 5:42 pm
I wonder....

Actually, al pi halacha, one may not answer "Amein" to a childs bracha untill they're x(don't remember the age, something lke 9) yrs old.

However, we still do answer Amain, but for Hinuch purposes only.
It is not like amein for which you get a mitzva of a bracha - it's hinush & only hinuch.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 6:18 pm
Or how we become extremley thirsty b/4 kiddush or as soon as we wake up b/4 saying Berachos etc

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 8:30 pm
or starving hunfry after candle lighting

gryp

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 8:53 pm
or in the mood of fleishigs when youre milchig....
or in the mood of milchigs when youre fleishig...

the Yetzer Hara knows how to trick a person....
dont be fooled by the "frum" Yetzer Hara- when he stops you from doing a mitzvah or something that has to be done with an excuse of "you should do something better," or "youre too good to do that kind of thing"...... Twisted Evil (to me this looks like a yetzer hara icon)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics