Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Pumps pls help

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 8:01 am
I borrowed an ameda electric double pump from my sil (who used it only a few times), which I use 2x a day, 6 days a week, at work. One time the plastic breast flange cracked and today one of the tubes ripped. I’m very aggravated and thinking of buying a new pump, maybe a medela electric the original pump in style. Or I can just replace the broken part. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Is the medela electric good? Has anyone had pump parts break on the ameda or medela? Which is better? Am I just being emotional in saying I want to buy a new pump and it’s a waste of $$ or does this make sense to you?

chavamom

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 2:30 pm
These things happen! It is really easy to get replacement parts for an Ameda on the internet. Actually, with the Ameda OR the PIS, certain parts are supposed to be replaced every few mos (the plastic diaphram and plastic pieces inside the flange). First of all, if you need the tubing, you can actually buy it from any fish store - it's the same tubing used for fish tanks! You just cut it to the size you need. I ordered replacement parts here, but there are many places on the web. I don't think you will be happier with the PIS, so not worth the money if you are thinking of it as an 'upgrade'. If money were not an issue, the only thing I'd consider an 'upgrade' would be the Avent computerized pump, the Isis IQ

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 3:37 pm
yes, you can probably buy pumps. first you can try to call them and they may replace it for free. otherwise, it will be cheaper to buy parts than a new pump.
I have the Medela Pump In style - very happy with it - but it IS expensive (about $200) so if you are happy with your other one, stick with it.
take care! good luck!

davises88

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 3:58 pm
I used the Ameda hospital pump for #1 and Purely Yours for #2. I used it 5 days/week with no problems. It was terrific. Perhaps there's a defect? Or if it's used, I'd suggest buying new collection pieces and tubes. They're not too expensive. I tried the Avent (non-electric) and the Medela and neither worked as well as the Ameda. I hope it's a fluke and that you give it another try. B'hotzlocha.

cl

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 4:39 am
theres a new digital pump from Avent - have u heard of it? I havent used it but I had great success with just the hand pump by avent.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 9:56 am
If you're pumping that often, Medela Pump 'n Style is great. Not cheap though. I used it everyday 1 or 2x a day when I went back to work. I've used it for all 3 kids. You can order replacement parts if you need to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics