Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Have you used Dr Mendelsohnn ENT or Dr Goldsmith ENT?
Previous  1  2

wanttobehappy

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 11:53 am
I am considering tacking out my 4-1/2 year ols antioderds. dr goldsmith said surgery so quickly and his antiodes is not so swollen only 50% he has a cronicly runny nose since he was born. will surgeu help?? I also have a 7:30 apotiment sounds crazy but he is in high demand.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 1:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Goldsmith is amazing!
He's at Long Island Children's Hospital in Downtown Brooklyn.
He is really nice, and an awesome doctor.
(He's not at the Schneider's center in Bensonhurst anymore.)

Just to clarify, LICH stands for Long island [/b]College[b] Hospital. It is a learning hospital, as most are, but there are regular doctors there too. If you schedule surgery with Goldsmith, he will be the one to do it.

chestnut

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 5:39 pm
my daughter had tubes with Dr. G and so did my friend's daughter. I like him a lot, he didn't rush with the surgery, waited to see if it'll get better on its own (till the hearing went down and he said def. to do the surgery). he explains everything well; I emailed him a few times with questions a few days after the appt. and he promptly responded.

yes, the wait is long, but it's worth it, imo.

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 8:16 pm
thanks for the responses!! wanttobehappy, I am not expecting any ENT to recommend against surgery for my son, as his adenoids are just about 90 percent blocking. I just want someone who is clear and open with me, and who will be thorough with tubes and tonsils- will recommend to do those at the same time if necessary, but wont if unnecessary. I also need someone with a great anesthesiology dept! also, you guys dont think the resident sometimes perform the surgeries, under the guidance of the doctor, in teaching hospitals?

BusyBeeMommy

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 6:03 pm
gold21, why don't you ask the office directly?

chestnut, can you give me his email? I've been trying to get through to him for the past week and ahven't been successful. I would love to email him!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics