Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Ww lukshin kugel?

soldat

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 12:55 pm
anyone have a good recipe that will satisfy my little sugar monsters?

louche

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 2:08 pm
Does ww stand for whole wheat or weight watchers?

soldat

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 2:32 pm
sorry - whole wheat please!

louche

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 3:13 pm
follow any regular lokshen kugel recipe, just sub wh.wh. lokshen for white. No need for a special recipe, except whole grain noodles have to be cooked longer before adding to the recipe.

poelmamosh

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 8:21 pm
Lokshin in kugel are generally egg noodles, and I've never heard of a whole wheat variety. I use ww angel hair pasta, broken into pieces before boiling, then add an egg or two to my regular recipe to help keep it together. I sprinkle the top with wheat germ & demerara sugar. (I use it in the kugel too).

greeneyes

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 8:36 pm
I have bought ww egg noodles meant for lukshin kugel, but IIRC, the noodles were only partially ww, not 100%. I just followed my regular lukshin kugel recipe.

soldat

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:37 pm
poelmamosh wrote:
Lokshin in kugel are generally egg noodles, and I've never heard of a whole wheat variety. I use ww angel hair pasta, broken into pieces before boiling, then add an egg or two to my regular recipe to help keep it together. I sprinkle the top with wheat germ & demerara sugar. (I use it in the kugel too).

it's out there, hodgson mills makes it.

ok I will try a regular recipe and see how it turns out.

poelmamosh

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:54 pm
soldat wrote:
poelmamosh wrote:

it's out there, hodgson mills makes it.

ok I will try a regular recipe and see how it turns out.

Yes, I did a google after posting and found that (and the pic was big enough to see a hechsher Smile ) The question is where to find it here and how much it would cost...

BTW, I also put oj and apple sauce (or grated fresh apple) in the kugel, so I can get away with using less sugar.

soldat

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:59 pm
poelmamash, would you mind posting your recipe?

oh! and I love the fact that I can get something that your not sure were to find in NY!

tell you what, you send me some cottage cheese and sour cream and hot dogs (just some of the stuff that's not available here) and I'll send you egg noodles
deal? Very Happy

poelmamosh

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 11:32 pm
soldat wrote:
poelmamash, would you mind posting your recipe?

oh! and I love the fact that I can get something that your not sure were to find in NY!

tell you what, you send me some cottage cheese and sour cream and hot dogs (just some of the stuff that's not available here) and I'll send you egg noodles
deal? Very Happy

So I left, then decided I should come back before signing off (to bed) and give you what you're really asking for...

1 lb ww angel hair pasta, broken into bits, cooked al dente (salt & small amt of oil in the water) & drained
5 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp orange juice concentrate
grated zest of 1 lemon AND/OR 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 individual package (1/2 c?) apple sauce OR 2 grated cortland apples
1/3 c demerara sugar (more if you're using white)

Oil baking dish well and pour in batter (I use a 10x10 deep square pyrex). Sprinkle generously with wheat germ and (less) brown sugar. Bake at 350 for 45 min.

Oh, and you can leave out the oj and apples and add 1/2 a tub of cottage cheese Smile)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes