Home

So Excited!!! Enlightened Kosher Cooking

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Report offensive ad

ChossidMom

Post Posted: Mon, Dec 28 2009, 6:27 pm       Post subject: So Excited!!! Enlightened Kosher Cooking
Today I went into a bookstore for a Bar Mitzva gift.
I asked if they had the Hebrew version of Enlitened Kosher Cooking cause I saw it advertised in the Feldheim catalog on sale for 99 shekels. They didn't have it, but they DID have the original English version and it was unbelievably marked down from 142 shekels to 60 (!!!!!) shekels! I couldn't believe my luck!

I love cookbooks and this one looks like a winner! Yayyyyyyy!

life'sgreat

Post Posted: Mon, Dec 28 2009, 6:35 pm       Post subject: re: So Excited!!! Enlitened Kosher Cooking
It's pretty good. Some of the recipes are a bit bland, but I added my own spices/herbs, as well as other odds and ends.

sky

Post Posted: Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:11 pm       Post subject:
Enjoy. Please post which recipes you try and what you think. I'm looking forward to your reviews!

mandksima

Post Posted: Tue, Dec 29 2009, 2:43 am       Post subject: re: So Excited!!! Enlightened Kosher Cooking
I also bought it for 60 shekels! I get the sale list for English Feldheim books and look for the bargains. I pick them up at our local store so no shipping!

willow

Post Posted: Tue, Dec 29 2009, 5:58 am       Post subject:
I don't have cookbooks but dh thought I would love this one because I am very into healthy cooking. I did not like it at all. In fact anyone who wants it its in mint condition and is welcome to take it.

ChossidMom

Post Posted: Tue, Dec 29 2009, 12:24 pm       Post subject: re: So Excited!!! Enlightened Kosher Cooking
Oh great. Now instead of being that I got it for 60 shekels I can be disappointed that I didn't get it for free!!! Laughing

pinktichel

Post Posted: Tue, Dec 29 2009, 1:33 pm       Post subject:
willow wrote:
I don't have cookbooks but dh thought I would love this one because I am very into healthy cooking. I did not like it at all. In fact anyone who wants it its in mint condition and is welcome to take it.

I was going to offer mine as well! (although I love cookbooks, I'm not into healthy cooking Embarassed Dh is, though!) I don't think I've ever used mine.

shalhevet

Post Posted: Tue, Dec 29 2009, 5:39 pm       Post subject:
I was also really excited when I got mine - I also bought it during book week or something cheap.

But... most of the recipes either need 1001 ingredients some or all of which are not available in Israel (except maybe for lots of $$ in the health shop) - things like all kinds of flour, fancy oils, expensive or unavailable fruits and veggies etc. This also makes them a patchke because you need half a cup of this and a quarter of a cup of that. Also many recipes are not so healthy - they have artificial sweeteners instead of apple juice concentrate.

I do have some good recipes from there, though, like Moroccan carrot salad which I love.
Professional Hebrew>English translations - pm for details. "Why is it okay to judge people going through a difficult time (and doing everything according to halacha) but not someone who intermarries or lives a life Hashem calls an abomination." (abound)

Tova

Post Posted: Tue, Dec 29 2009, 5:50 pm       Post subject: re: So Excited!!! Enlightened Kosher Cooking
I found it was better as a "concept" than an actual cookbook with useful recipes for me. I borrowed it from our public library, I think.
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1