Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
So Excited!!! Enlightened Kosher Cooking

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 5:27 pm
Today I went into a bookstore for a Bar Mitzva gift.
I asked if they had the Hebrew version of Enlitened Kosher Cooking cause I saw it advertised in the Feldheim catalog on sale for 99 shekels. They didn't have it, but they DID have the original English version and it was unbelievably marked down from 142 shekels to 60 (!!!!!) shekels! I couldn't believe my luck!

I love cookbooks and this one looks like a winner! Yayyyyyyy!

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 5:35 pm
It's pretty good. Some of the recipes are a bit bland, but I added my own spices/herbs, as well as other odds and ends.

sky

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 8:11 pm
Enjoy. Please post which recipes you try and what you think. I'm looking forward to your reviews!

mandksima

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 1:43 am
I also bought it for 60 shekels! I get the sale list for English Feldheim books and look for the bargains. I pick them up at our local store so no shipping!

willow

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:58 am
I don't have cookbooks but dh thought I would love this one because I am very into healthy cooking. I did not like it at all. In fact anyone who wants it its in mint condition and is welcome to take it.

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 11:24 am
Oh great. Now instead of being that I got it for 60 shekels I can be disappointed that I didn't get it for free!!! LOL

pinktichel

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 12:33 pm
willow wrote:
I don't have cookbooks but dh thought I would love this one because I am very into healthy cooking. I did not like it at all. In fact anyone who wants it its in mint condition and is welcome to take it.

I was going to offer mine as well! (although I love cookbooks, I'm not into healthy cooking embarrassed Dh is, though!) I don't think I've ever used mine.

shalhevet

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:39 pm
I was also really excited when I got mine - I also bought it during book week or something cheap.

But... most of the recipes either need 1001 ingredients some or all of which are not available in Israel (except maybe for lots of $$ in the health shop) - things like all kinds of flour, fancy oils, expensive or unavailable fruits and veggies etc. This also makes them a patchke because you need half a cup of this and a quarter of a cup of that. Also many recipes are not so healthy - they have artificial sweeteners instead of apple juice concentrate.

I do have some good recipes from there, though, like Moroccan carrot salad which I love.

Tova

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:50 pm
I found it was better as a "concept" than an actual cookbook with useful recipes for me. I borrowed it from our public library, I think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics