Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
104 F (40 C)- 2 Year Old

Strawberry

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:12 am
My ds has a fever of 104 F. He just turned 2 years old. AFAIK he has no other symptoms (besides for feeling lousy). Is this crazy high or normal for toddlers?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:18 am
could he be teething? or it could be the flu? thats usually what happens with the flu, a fever and just not feeling well.

bubby

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 4:22 am
Check it out. That is very high.

e1234

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 5:19 am
I would check it out
also be very careful he isn't getting dehydrated.
My kids have had that high fever with nothing (or nothing that we could find) but the few times I ended up in the ER with my kids (3x 3 different kids over the last few years) it was pneumonia
(and with #1 we went to the ER after dr. sent us with xrays of sever pneumonia , #2 was in middle of the night with major stomach pains, #2 was a baby that the dr. felt needed a bit of oxygen and sent us by ambulance to the hosptial but by the time we got to the hospital his oxygen level was fine (he had for the 30 min ambulance ride)
once my dd had very high fever and dr's couldn't find anything and I finally noticed in her mouth a very bad tooth infection ..

in short I would check with dr. first with such high fever.

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 9:34 am
call your doc before you go running anywhere. ds (3) had 105 a few months ago. our doc said to just keep an eye on him and call again if it hit 106. the danger of if it gets to high is seizures, so just keep an eye on him. and cool baths and tylenol.
refuah sheleimah!

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 10:28 am
Some kids get high fevers when they're sick. Dd tends to have 105 every time, and possibly mini seizures. It's important to keep the fever under control with motrin and tylenol and luke warm baths.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 10:39 am
give him motrin and take him to thepediatrican.

frumshopper

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 10:55 am
I agree that he should be seen by the doctor. My son used to get high fevers with no other symptoms every time he got an ear infection. It is definitely not normal and should be checked out.

Good luck and refuah shlaima.

Strawberry

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 11:00 am
My mother told me that I used to get high fever all the time. She said whenever I had fever it was 103-104. He seems to be getting better bh so I hope it will begone by tomorrow. If not then I will go to the dr.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics