Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Im panicking! Pediatrician said my 6 month old's head is

amother

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 2:55 pm
growing to big to fast and needs a cat scan to see if there is fluid in the head cv!!!!
He said 99.9 percent my child is fine but im sooooooooooo worried. please help. anyone know anything about this????

amother

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 9:54 pm
hi -I was in the same boat almost 4 years ago, although the fear still feels like yesterday. my daughters head was growing to fast so my dr sent for a sonogram. bh everything was fine. hatzlacha!!!!!!

avimom

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 10:04 pm
don't panic- we had the same thing. At the cat-scan they looked at DH and said- oh, he also has a big head... Turned out to be nothing. By my next DS, I just told the doctor that big heads run in my family and he said it wasn't nec. to check it out...

Strudel

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 11:14 pm
We have the same situation with mu 10 month old (though I refused the scan).

Dh was known as "Rosh Gadol". Runs in the family.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 1:30 am
I know 2 people who had this situation and they scanned and it was fine

amother

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 2:16 am
My son was 99% head, and they said it probably runs in the family. Ped didn't stick around long enough to find out that nobody in my fam or dh's has big heads, actually my fathers is smaller than mine, but scan was never brought up and B"H he's fine. (Still has a massive head, though. He can wear my borther's bar mitzva hat properly and he's only 4!)

LuckyMum

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 2:31 am
Yup, had it too. They sent me to neurologists and ultrasounds...the works! The verdict..... you guessed it - runs in the family and he is perfectly fine!

mikukl

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 12:48 pm
My dd had the same thing and B"H my dr. did ordered a sono and we did find extra fluid around the brain. SHe had a shunt put in and B"H is doing mentally and physically GREAT. By the way my dh also has a big head and we almost made away w/ that excuse, but dr. said no big deal get a sono. Please update as I am trying to make a support group for children with with Hydrocephalus. That is what my dd was diagnosed. She is doing so great in nusery and infact she is B"H more advanced than many kids her age.

Nicole

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 1:55 pm
mikukl wrote:
My dd had the same thing and B"H my dr. did ordered a sono and we did find extra fluid around the brain. SHe had a shunt put in and B"H is doing mentally and physically GREAT. By the way my dh also has a big head and we almost made away w/ that excuse, but dr. said no big deal get a sono. Please update as I am trying to make a support group for children with with Hydrocephalus. That is what my dd was diagnosed. She is doing so great in nusery and infact she is B"H more advanced than many kids her age.

I had this as a baby. It's called congenital hydrocephalus. The cerebral spinal fluid, which normally gets drained away from the brain, down the spine, is not draining properly. If left alone, this can be very dangerous. However, if caught early, a shunt can be placed to drain the fluid. Please have this checked out. It very well may be nothing but if it is serious, it's something that can b'h be taken care of very quickly.
Feel free to pm me with any questions.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 7:06 pm
thanks for replying! I have an ultrasound appt coming up next week.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 7:10 pm
what other signs would there be besides a head growing to fast? is there any more info you can tell me?

mikukl

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 7:12 pm
other symtoms are vomiting eyes roling dizzy disoriened basicly not looking well or lathargic
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics