Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Cutting nails

acccdac

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 10:09 pm
I have a hard time keeping up a schedule with cutting my kid's nails.

I know halacha says that there is a specific order of nails when cutting (I do that) and I know there is also an inyan (maybe its a halacha) to not cut both the hand and food nails on the same day.

are you allowed to cut them on the same day?

also I know that you arent suppose to cut certain days because of the nails re-growing on shabbos. I know there is also an inyan (lets say with hair cuts too) to not do it on Sunday because it should be l'Kavod shabbos.

if its easier for Sunday to be my cutting day, can I do it on sunday?

and am I the only one who feels like I'm constantly cutting my kid's nails (I think in reality its once a week or every other week)? am I the only one who finds it hard to keep up with it?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 11:12 pm
omg!!!!! I feel like I just wrote this whole thread! ty for posting it ! I thought I was the only one I see im not.I know thurs ur not allowed to cut the nails and I heard at night too.but im never sure?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 11:32 pm
I cut it on friday after their baths. This way it's lekovod shabbos and I'm not cutting them daily. The toe nails I cut every second monday.

You can't cut them on the same day and on thursday.

Lilkingdom

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 11:42 pm
The reason behind not cutting the toe and hand nails at the same time is because that's how it's done on a dead person during Tahara.
I cut their fingernails weekly in their friday bath. My dd knows to remind me lol. She eagerly awaits that activity because she gets the scissors afterwards to cut her doll's nails (that makes her behave during the process).
Toe nails I do whenever I see needed. Usually every week or other week.

acccdac

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 12:07 am
Lilkingdom wrote:
The reason behind not cutting the toe and hand nails at the same time is because that's how it's done on a dead person during Tahara.

so this I knew, which is more of an inyan/minhag/hebe-gebbies verses halacha

if it's much easier to my life to do both at the same time if toes are also needed, but it bothers me each time I do it can I do it or the fact that it bothers me I shouldnt?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics