Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Daily Chitas (Chumash, Tehillim, Tanya) Summary 26 Teves

mimivan

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 1:42 am
Reflection on Tanya: The heart, and not the lofty intellect, clothes itself in our actions and provides wings for mitzvos. But if a person has difficulty allowing his heart to join his good thoughts with positive actions, G-d will assist in this union. And even latent love creates some degree of elevation.
http://www.chabad.org/dailystu...../2010

Chumash with Rashi- Yom Shlishi Parshat Vayeira

Shemos 6:3 But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and I will increase My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt.

Rashi: But I will harden: Since he [Pharaoh] behaved wickedly and defied Me, and I know full well that there is no delight among the nations to make a wholehearted attempt to repent, it is better for Me that his heart be hardened, so that [I can] increase My signs and My wonders in him, and you will recognize My mighty deeds, and so is the custom of the Holy One, blessed be He. He brings retribution on the nations so that Israel should hear and fear, as it is said: “I have cut off nations; their towers have become desolate… I said, ‘Surely you will fear Me, you will accept reproof’” (Zeph. 3:6, 7). Nevertheless, in the first five plagues, it does not say, “And the Lord strengthened Pharaoh’s heart,” but “Pharaoh’s heart remained steadfast.” -[from
Exod. Rabbah 13:3, 11:6; Tanchuma Buber, Va’era 22; Yeb. 63a]

Tehillim:
119: 162 Like One who finds great spoil: The first Hebrew letters for "like one who finds great spoil, "(Kemotzei Shalal Rav) for the word "Kosher" (Kaf Shin and Reish). For through eating and drinking with properly with the correct intentions, we elevate and conquer the G-dly sparks within the food, like one who finds great spoil (Likkutei Sichos, vol 13, p 264)

Rambam, Sefer HaMitzvos
Ritual Impurity of an Animal Carcass
We are commanded regarding the ritual impurity [contained in and emitted by] an animal carcass. [I.e., when contracted, one must follow all the laws associated with this impurity.]
http://www.chabad.org/dailystu...../2010

Ha Yom Yom 26th of Teves
In the b'racha V'lamalshinim (p. 55, "Let thee..." in English), pause slightly between ut'mageir ("crush") and v'tachnia ("and subdue"), in consonance with the kavana that t'akeir ut'shabeir ut'mageir ("uproot, break, crush") refer to the three kelipot that must be completely eradicated. V'tachnia ("subdue") refers to kelipat noga that must be subdued, but can be purified.

For the elevation of the Neshama of Pesha Leah Azoulay ob'm..
If you would like to subscribe to this by e-mail and/or the Daily Dose of Geulah, please PM me!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics