Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What do YOU put in your falafel???
Previous  1  2  3

chen

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 7:14 pm
SaraG wrote:
I just mean that everyone does not like felafel. And that MOST people are serving bagels since it's a likeable, versatile food.

sarag. chill. and read for content. gr already said she made sure that the people who are coming like falafel.

gr, I love the idea of a make-your-own-falafel bar with tuna and egg salad on the side for anyone who is not in the mood for falafel balls.

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 7:20 pm
I love going to famous pita!! I just make a concoction in my pita. I prefer a mayo dip inside instead of chumas/tehina.

ektsm

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 7:28 pm
What kind of resturant is famous pita? Are they like the ones they have in Israel?

gryp

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 7:29 pm
thanx Chen.

hardwrkn- can you remember what they have there at Famous Pita? I know they have lots of different salads.
do they still do the "pay once and you get free refills on everything"?

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 9:45 pm
GR wrote:
thanx Chen.

hardwrkn- can you remember what they have there at Famous Pita? I know they have lots of different salads.
do they still do the "pay once and you get free refills on everything"?

Ok let me rack my brain here.. They have coleslaw, red cabbage, tehina, mayo dip, pickles, eggplant, grilled eggplant, grilled peppers (YUM), sourcraute, onions, tomotoes & onions salad, plain israeli salad (no spices), hot peppers, some red/pink veggie??,

anyone else fill in? haven't been there in weeks!!

You pay once (price went up) and you get to refil on the salads only.

ektsm

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 10:21 pm
Guys I am hungary where is this place?

gryp

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 9:19 am
thanx hardwrknmom!

I wonder if the prices went up since they redid that place. I hear it used to only be a "guys place" and now is suitable for ladies too. Very Happy

ektsm, I cant remember which street its on, but I guess its considered in boro park.

shoy18

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 9:22 am
famous pita is all the way down coney Island Avenue near ditmas I think.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 9:31 am
I love that place!
They make my favorite shwarama.

I think it's near Newkirk.

red sea

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 12:54 pm
Yum, now that's a good idea for tonite, haven't eaten their food in a while Very Happy

sarahd

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 5:10 pm
I like the idea, GR. You can also offer sabich for those who don't like falafel. It's the same idea as falafel, except instead of falafel balls, they put in a sliced hardboiled egg and baked (or fried) eggplant strips. It tastes much better than it sounds.

chen

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 6:53 pm
how do you pronounce sabich?

gryp

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 6:55 pm
sarahd- are the eggplant strips peeled or unpeeled?

sarahd

Post Fri, Apr 28 2006, 3:18 am
They're unpeeled.

Chen - sah-beekh.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 28 2006, 11:48 am
I takeh just went to a simcha and these peple are noted for being cheap..anyway, for all of us, there were two plates of rolls and one plate of fish.

Whatever you serve, I hope there’s enough!

It’s not usually a problem, but I see it more and more; a Shabbos Kallah has one plate of cake with some chips and candies (okay they must refill it), a sholom zochor only has cake and fruit, etc.

On the other hand, this was a seudas mitzvah……

wtvr

Post Fri, Apr 28 2006, 1:15 pm
I was at an upsherinish recently that was just an ice cream bar. It was really nice and fun. Kids and adults love it. There were different types of ice creams, (tubs, individual pops, etc.) toppings, syrups, ice cream cakes, etc. Maybe you can consider doing just that, especially if you'll have to make everything from scratch for the falafel.

Just a side note, I had falafel at my Bas Mitzvah and pple thought it was so original and they loved it.

PS. If you're offering such a variety of fillings, maybe you should have lafas ...lol!

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 11:52 am
I'm not sure yet if im going to make the falafel balls from scratch or just use frozen.
it depends on how much time I have and if im in the mood of slaving over a frying pan.
otherwise, the rest of the fillings are simple: french fries, sliced pickles, sauerkraut, etc, even fried eggplant is simple.
ill make up a few salads too besides the Israeli salad: coleslaws, potato salad, and the tuna and eggsalad and maybe a pasta salad and cucumber salad, these things dont take much effort or brainpower or time.

it looks like the upshernish will be inside after all, so im skipping the sno-cone maker, and will do ice cream sundaes.
I want to buy those small clear plastic boat-shaped containers, and people can make banana splits or just a regular ice cream sundae.
3-4 flavors of ice cream, choc syrup, nuts, sprinkles, cherries.

a different question now- what do YOU like in your ice cream sundaes?? Smile

I also want to make a cake with alef-bais chocolate letters. anybody have an idea what I can do to the letters to make them a bit fancier than just plain chocolate?

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 11:56 am
Quote:
I also want to make a cake with alef-bais chocolate letters. anybody have an idea what I can do to the letters to make them a bit fancier than just plain chocolate?

Marzipan tastes delic or candy melts colorful and great fro kids Tongue Out

shanie5

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 2:23 pm
Quote:
a different question now- what do YOU like in your ice cream sundaes?? Smile

choc syrup, strawberry syrup caramel, hot fudge, nuts (make sure no one is allergic), marachino cherries, strawberries, choc sprinkles, colorful sprinkles, marshmallows (or fluff). dont forget to offer cones too.

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 30 2006, 2:29 pm
thanx Shanie Smile
I'm not forgetting the cones, I just forgot to write it. Wink

Tefilah- im one of those who just dont like marzipan.

maybe I'll melt white chocolate, and draw flowers/balloons(?) on the cake and then stick each letter in one and let it harden.
Question
I dont know, im just trying to think of an idea.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen