Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Since when are doctors allowed to be rude? (vent)
Previous  1  2

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 1:01 pm
Great post, Fox.

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 2:22 pm
Thanks for your replies.

Fox wrote:
Your daughter should definitely not be in so much pain, and the doctor's lack of concern about this is very troubling, too.

It has troubling me too. But it seems like, at least according to this doctor, the choices are: 1- she has pain and will be cured
2- she has casts for a week and then will need the braces again anyway to keep the feet straight, so we'll be back to square one
3- we don't force the braces and she'll need major surgery

I think we'd be better off with casts for a week, and then she should be more comfortable in the braces because they won't be bending her feet more than they're used to bending. After the casts, her feet should be comfortable being in the normal position. The doctor says she'll probably be just as uncomfortable with braces after casts, though. I don't know if he's right or not.

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 3:15 pm
I ended up switching doctors, when every day I left crying because he was mean. For some reason (I was stoopit) I went for so long and was upset for so long , until dh forced me to change. I changed to a wonderful doctor in his practice and it changed my life.

B"H there were no insurance issues, but frankly, I would do everything in my power to find someone different. Call your insurance, see what your options are.

chavamom

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 4:24 pm
HAPPYMOMMY wrote:

BTW, there was recently a really informative (and well written) article in the Binah on treatment for clubfeet. IIRC, an amother on this board posted that she wrote it.

Right - with a much higher success rate. Braces often don't work - so obviously it's your fault. Blame the victim. What an #@$(*)&#@. Please look into this other treatment.

chavamom

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 4:26 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
They know they're good, and people will come to them anyway, so they don't bother to take insurance.

Most insurance companies will reimburse you 80% or so. I think in a case like this it would be worth it. 100%

chavamom

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 4:27 pm
momoffive wrote:

OP - have you heard of Shriner's? This is a free network of hospitals - there are good ones somewhat regioonally, we now go to Philadelphia. Pm me for more info and Hatzlocho!

We have one here too. If you need a contact in St. Louis, lmk.

Israeli Mother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 3:31 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
...he says more rude things like, "This is the mother's fault." and "But you're a bad mommy and you don't like to put on her braces or do her excercises, so her feet aren't going to get better."

This is not simple rudeness -- it is appalling! Even if it WAS your fault that your daughter's feet relapsed [and it's not] he should never say such a thing and in front of your child yet! He must find a way to continue on to treat the situation.

His behavior is outrageous and I hope that when you speak to the head of the clinic he will be able to remedy the situation so that you never have to be treated like this again.

LoveMy2Kids

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 6:01 pm
I do not know who your insurance provider is, but I second what FOX said. Make a case stating that there is no one in network who can provide adequate care for your daughter's condition. I made a similar such case and was able to get everything covered out of network. Normally I would have a deductible and coinsurance. Good Luck!

bluma

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 6:51 pm
I don't know which doctor you use but we use Dr Feldman in NYC. He's GREAT. My son is wearing his mithcell shoes 12 a day. It is very important never to miss a day. The mitchell shoes are supposed to be the most comfortable ones. If you need more information on Dr Feldman you can emial me. It's so weird that I'm reading your thread today since we were by dr Feldman today. We went today because I thought he is relapsing BH he isn't. Good luck!

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 7:58 pm
Dr. feldman is the doctor we wanted to use, but he doesn't take insurance. We do not have out of network coverage. He is also the head of the clinic we use and we are going to see him there the last week of January. If we get nowhere with him, we will try Shriner's in Phillie. It turns out that the doctor there is the same one who used to work in our clinic when dd was born. He is very nice. It's a long trip, though, and I'd have to use public transportation since I don't drive yet.

Back in our bar days, we used Markalls shoes because they were the stamdard back then. Now she wears her AFOs. She actually slept through the night twice this week! Then she went back to her usual waking up.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics