Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Noisy Neighborhood

Debbyl

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 11:52 pm
I recently moved and I have a very hard time adjusting to the neighborhood. I live right across an apt bldg and there are constantly groups of teenagers hanging out until 3:00 am. They jump on skating boards and cheer loudly. The noise is unbearable. I called 311 several times but they don't respond. They don't consider it important enough since it's not a crime scene. Any advice on how to deal with this?

Love My Babes

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 12:03 am
its not 311 its 911 in this case if it really is bad

Debbyl

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 12:14 am
I tried 911 several times but they always tell me to call 311, since this isn't considered an emergency.

Yocheved84

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 12:26 am
call your local councilperson. have them try 311 as well. you can also say that you'd like to make a noise complaint. the police will often come to investigate those, and will then see the hoodlums in the street. call 311 every day and write down the complaint #.

where are you that these kids are up till all hours? is this in on their stoop?

we had a similar situation when we were on the other side of willy, but it was just in the summer....

Yocheved84

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 12:28 am
PS One more thing: If all else fails, get a white noise machine. We used it every night...

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 12:06 pm
Sleep with a fan next to your head. That's what I do when I stay by family in Crown Heights. They live by a gas station and a police station and the noise is horrible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries