Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Looking for Maternity dress/outfit for simcha

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 8:24 pm
I am looking for something dressy in maternity to wear to simchos, starting with my brother's Bar Mitzvah. I looked in the local BP stores already and didn't find anything very interesting. Most things were for regular shabbos, so I don't need to buy new I can wear what's in my closet already. I was looking for something more dressy (not too fancy like for a close wedding, but dressy still.) I was also thinking along the lines of getting a dress, as everything I have is two piece outfits. I saw one thing but it cost $450 and in my opinion it didn't look like it should have been that price. I want something cheaper. Any ideas where I can get something?
Oh, another thing, I don't like maternity clothes that have a seam directly above the stomach, between stomach and bust. I thing it accentuates everything and in my opinion (no bashing please, just trying to refine my search) it isn't usually too tznius.

Thanks everyone for your help

malkie

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 8:39 am
Try Maternichic in Flatbush. It is on Coney Island Ave between I & J. Has a lot of nice dresses in the $150 - $250 range.

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 12:47 pm
try looking on the site here to the left maternityrobes or something. they have nice things decent prices.

momaleh

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 3:37 pm
http://www.prettymematernity.c......html

mommee

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 7:00 pm
I know you said you tried b.p places, did that include Hindy's? Sometimes they have really nice simcha things but they are kinda pricey.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 8:43 pm
mommee wrote:
I know you said you tried b.p places, did that include Hindy's? Sometimes they have really nice simcha things but they are kinda pricey.

Oh, I actually forgot about Hindy's, I went on 13th and 16th only. Thanks for the reminder, I will try to check them out this week sometime.

Also, Momaleh, that dress from Pretty Me is gorgeous, it might be just what I am looking for. Of course I have to see it on first, so first I will try local where I can try on.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 9:50 pm
So far these are the two that I like best. The one from overstocks I can't see as well, but it looks pretty.

Liz Lange dress
This first one would need to be lengthened probably and maybe other alterations to dress it up.

Pretty Me dress

Which do you ladies like best?

WriterMom

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 9:52 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
So far these are the two that I like best. The one from overstocks I can't see as well, but it looks pretty.

Liz Lange dress
This first one would need to be lengthened probably and maybe other alterations to dress it up.

Pretty Me dress

Which do you ladies like best?

I love the second.

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 10:53 pm
Me too, but for the price of the one from overstocks, I keep having second thoughts. I mean, it's a fifth of the price of the other one! I keep thinking, I could dress it up and make it look prettier. Any ideas on that one?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics