Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My 5 yr old insomniac

malky800

Post Mon, Jan 25 2010, 11:14 pm
What should I do? my 5 yr is an insomniac.
She is up until past 9 . she has music in the background, gets a massage before I leave her room, and she just can't fall asleep.
she's up bright and early around 6:30.
She generally is ok, but this week it's been every night and I think it's hard on her during the day.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 25 2010, 11:16 pm
She might be able to use a natural supplement to help her fall asleep. Ds used to be up until 12 am and wake up at 6 every morning and not be tired at all. I am so greatful for malatonim,it's a pleasure to have him asleep at nine these days.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 12:04 am
there are things the health food store can give you. - melochew, tryptophan, maxi cal. call them up for recommendation.

PS My 4 1/2 yr old is regularly up past 9 and I dont consider it insomnia.

myself

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 4:31 am
malky800, I know exactly what its like, could've written the same post as you. DS is 5 and is usually awake in his bed past 10:30......I hope its just a passing phase and he'll grow out of it soon.

mommygirl

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 6:05 am
Hi,

Does your five year old show any other symtoms of being "sensory". If you google sensory - I remember one website offering products to help sensory kids sleep - I think it was called a weighted blanket.

Does your child complain of being tired when they wake up or during the afternoon?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics