Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
5 year old boy toys

cl

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 2:35 pm
my oldest is turning 5 next week and I would like to get some toys suitable for his age. I'd like something that can be added to. he has little lego already, and Kid Knex, should I just add to these? I was thinking about Meccano and Magnext type of things cos he loves building / creating things. He's not so into Playmobil-imagination type games and he doesnt play with them for very long.
I've got a few board games as well which I have to play with him so any suggestions for those will also be good.

Tech_mom

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 2:47 pm
my son loves his train tracks. any trucks. pretend tool sets and bench.

cl

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 3:19 pm
I have a small set of wooden train tracks that my kids enjoy, do u think its worth adding to this set? does the fun get so much more when there's alot more tracks n trains? up to what age do u think kids will play with it?

Vegieburger

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 3:36 pm
My son loves tinker toys, legos, blocks etc. My mom got him some MagnaTiles for chanuka and they are amazing! But, they are ridiculously expensive. Really ridiculous. G-d willing my kids will use them for years to make it worth it. He also loves board games and strategy games...they have some great ones by a brand called Thinkfun. We also have some of the real K'nex and he's gotten the hang of those.

mltjm

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 6:36 pm
wooden blocks, hot wheels, puzzles, matching games and animals are all VERY popular with my kindergarteners.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 6:40 pm
Kapla

micki

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 6:55 pm
lincoln logs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children