Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Daily Dose of Geulah: Complete Faith in the Geulah

mimivan

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 7:37 am
The trust in the coming of Moshiach must be in the manner spoken about regarding Chizkiya, who had totally confidence in G-d, to the point that he said to G-d, “I do nothave the strength to kill, to pursue,[and even] to sing, rather I will sleep on my bed and You will do.” That is, without looking upon Sancheriv surrounding Yerushalayim with all his army,promising to make peace on special conditions, he had complete confidence in G-d, to the point that he went to sleep on his bed, and his sleep was sweet due to this trust (not as one who worries so much that it is impossible for him to sleep), and G-d goes to war on his behalf, as is written, “And the angel of G-d went out and smote the camp of Ashur, etc.”

By the same token, each person must believe with absolute certainty in the coming of Moshiach, without any doubt and in a manner of “I will await him every day,” even when from the aspect of logical [and natural] “estimations,” he doesn’t see any source for this, and this very trust will hasten and speed up his arrival, speedily mamash.

The Lubavitcher Rebbe, Menachem Mendel Schneersohn (Likkutei Sichos, Vol. 7, p. 527)
selected by Rabbi Pinchas Maman
translated by Michoel Lieb Dobry

This e-mail is dedicated in loving memory to Chaya Chana Bat Rivka ob'm
the compete recovery of Schneur Zalman ben Debrasha
and the complete revelation of Moshiach Tzidkeinu
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics