Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Could this be a UTI in my son?

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 10:33 pm
my 3 year old had a throwing up episode and fever on wednesday nite. took him to the doc on thursday who said its just a virus, but cultured him and it came up negative. I kept him home thursday and friday although his fever went away after 24 hours.

however, on shabbos he claimed he didnt have to use the bathroom until like 4 in the afternoon, and then sunday and monday he was running to the bathroom every other minute crying that it was going to come out before he got there and when he actually went, nothing came out. I asked him if it hurts to make and he said no.

I've read that symptoms of uti can be throwing up and fever, but it seems that the bathroom issues only started once the fever was over for 24 hours already.

I will call the doc again tomorrow; just curious if anyone here has experience with this.

thanks

mommy#1

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 10:43 pm
I dont know my entire story, but when I was 5 years old, I had similar symptoms-throwing up, fever...the dr said its probably just a virus, so it was left untreated, until my mother said something else is really wrong, and I think because it was untreated, or maybe because I had a very bad case of uti, I was hospitalized for 3 days and had a surgery. it wasnt fun! I dont mean to scare you, but I think you should check it out!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics