Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone have Medicaid?

bliss1

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 3:31 am
We'll be in NY iy"H for 7 months (we live in Israel). I'm looking into getting Medicaid for that time and I'm wondering if anyone knows the following:

Do you have to have an interview? On the website it said you can apply by mail - do you have to have the interview after that?

After I apply, how long will it take until we're covered?

DH doesn't work, and I will be looking for something part-time but don't know what I'll be able to find. Do they make sure you're working/trying to work?

Is there any other reason I should know about that they won't want to accept us, or anything I should be prepared for to answer them at the interview?

Thanks in advance

bookie

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 9:45 am
there r frum organizations that you can go to apply like yeled vyalda in boro park. you have to show some income otherwise they will wonder how you are able to live.

bobeli

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 9:05 pm
call yeled veyalda or cojo, they give you all the info.
if you are pregnant you don't need almost anything

chabadshb

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 9:10 pm
You need to show income(from somewhere) and I think it take time(don't remember for sure, something like 2 months until everything) so if you will be 7 months, I think maybe call one of this organizations now and they might help you what to do.

chatz

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 9:11 pm
or you can go to the UJO in Williamsburg (718-643-9700).

I would not suggest going yourself to the Medicaid offices. They're very inefficient and frustrating to work with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries