Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dairy / Meat Sinks ???
Previous  1  2

Which side is your Dairy / Meat Sink?
Dairy on the Right, Meat on the Left  
 47%  [ 20 ]
Meat on the Right, Dairy on the Left  
 30%  [ 13 ]
Other? (Please Explain)  
 21%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 42

red sea

Post Sat, May 06 2006, 9:40 pm
The pareve counter is usually a place to store today's mail LOL

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, May 06 2006, 10:11 pm
hisorerus wrote:
I just have an entirely fleishig kitchen- both sinks of my double sink are fleishig.

ME TOO!!!!

and we don't have any dairy allowed in the house since my son is very allergic to dairy.

We don't have a dairy dish or dairy anything in our home.

chavamom

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 3:15 am
Sinks are on opposite sides of the kitchen. I have one set of sink/cabinets/counters that are in an L shape that are milkhig and another on the other side of the room that are fleishig. The stovetop/oven is the meeting point between the two. I don't have a parve area except for parve cutting boards and mixer. And the sinks have their own 'line' to the stand pipe, so no back-up issues to worry about. We bought this house this way, installed by friends of ours, so we inherited a very workable kosher kitchen - though it was not how I would have designed it. The milkhig sink is way too small for us (the previous owners were lactose intollerant and had hardly any dairy) and things like that - but it is much better than had we bought a house with standard kitchen! For that I am greatful.

Flowerchild

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 9:12 am
my kitchen only has one sink so I dont put any dishes inside it, I have a meat side of the kitchen and dairy side of the kitchen, so whenever I have dishes to wash I have to leave them on the counter of the appropriate side. its actually very annoying since my sink is always empty its so weird. I hope to buy a house some day and have a normal kitchen.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen