Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Can I freeze baked salmon?

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 10:28 pm
Can I bake fresh salmon for purim now, and then just freeze it? And how should I freeze it? Or do I need to make it right before chag and serve it straight like that? TIA

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 11:10 am
You can buy frozen salmon for half the price; doesn't pay to buy, cook and freeze.

mamacita

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 1:42 pm
You can freeze cooked salmon, and even lox. I'd freeze the salmon before cooking personally.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 2:05 pm
I always freeze leftover cooked salmon no problem.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 2:11 pm
mamacita wrote:
You can freeze cooked salmon, and even lox. I'd freeze the salmon before cooking personally.

I did that and it came out terrible. But I've never tried it cooking it first and then freezing.

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 3:34 pm
I would only freeze cooked salmon if it was leftover and would go to waste. Otherwise why not season it all ready to cook and freeze and all you have to do is put it in the oven. According to my cookbook you can cook salmon from frozen, it just takes a little longer. Or let it defrost and then cook.

but salmon really tastes best cooked from fresh, you know. Wink

MMEC123

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 7:21 pm
I find that unless you defrost uncooked frozen salmon completely before cooking it tastes like rubber. But to answer your question, I often freeze leftover cooked salmon and then reheat it and it comes out fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics