Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My baby is now an official Duplo Lego trademark!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 8:56 pm
This Shabbos, my baby fell and landed on a lego, bumping his head severely. The 4 protruding pieces pressed against the eyelid and forehead, and now there is a 4 peg lego impression! It looks freakingly gross! Two of the "pegs" are just lightly bloody scars, one is worse, and was is punctured like a cookie cutter kind of job. B"H, stitches weren't needed and we're just treating it with a special natural skin healing cream.

But the look of the lego impression is hysterically scary!

goodness

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 9:04 pm
Sounds like when my son got hurt from my ab-lounge. I have no idea how it happened, but 1 min my kids were playing on it, the next minute he's crying. so I look at it, and and his "booboo" is an almost round circle and another circle in the center, but it just looked like a little nothing, just to be treated with bacitracin..... and guess what, it happened such a long time ago and he still has a scar.
My dd just recently called it a "target mark" b/c thats what it really looks like. LOL
I would suggest u put vitamin E ointment, she/he shouldnt have a scar there. I think for my son its too late now.

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 9:07 pm
thought his face was on a box of legos ...

interesting injury ...

amother

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 9:09 pm
goodness wrote:
Sounds like when my son got hurt from my ab-lounge. I have no idea how it happened, but 1 min my kids were playing on it, the next minute he's crying. so I look at it, and and his "booboo" is an almost round circle and another circle in the center, but it just looked like a little nothing, just to be treated with bacitracin..... and guess what, it happened such a long time ago and he still has a scar.
My dd just recently called it a "target mark" b/c thats what it really looks like. LOL
I would suggest u put vitamin E ointment, she/he shouldnt have a scar there. I think for my son its too late now.

The cream I'm using is supposed to take care of the healing and scars, or so I was told.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 9:09 pm
Eooow! Yikes!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 9:10 pm
greenfire wrote:
thought his face was on a box of legos ...

interesting injury ...

My kids were suggesting we submit his lego impressed face....who knows, they might go for it...

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 9:12 pm
Reminds me of the time my then 3 year old wanted to see if the iron was hot, by applying it to her thigh.....Needless to say, she has a mark till today, she is 9 already...

familyfirst

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 10:46 pm
What is the name of the cream that prevents scarring? I hope to never need it but it is good to keep in the house.

imasinger

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 10:59 pm
Poor thing! I'm glad he will be OK. I was thinking this thread would be about his face on the picture on the box, too.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 10:39 am
familyfirst wrote:
What is the name of the cream that prevents scarring? I hope to never need it but it is good to keep in the house.

Don't know the name. It is sold by someone in Monsey who does natural wound/burn healing. It is a small white jar with a label "skin healing cream", heard wonders about it.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 10:40 am
OP here,

This morning it looks better B"H, only thing, now he really looks like Mr. Duplo. The swelling and bleeding is gone, so now the impression is nice, clean and clear! DH wanted to build a lego tower on him!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 6:05 pm
Now this is really freaky,

Two days ago, my ds who is now older and more mobile, puuled a chair over, climbed onto a table and fell landing on a lego, again!

Now he has the lego impression right over his eyelid, and more (the new ones) on the center of his forehead!

BTW, I'm the OP.

mltjm

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 11:34 pm
another way to help prevent scarring is to put lots and lots of sunscreen over the marks (once they are healed), even now in the winter. The sun does something that makes scars worse, I forget what exactly.

Nomad

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 11:54 pm
omg OP, thats crazy!! I hope your ds is okay and heals well...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics