Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Cheap individual health Insurance

B'tzimtzim

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 1:33 pm
I need to find health insurance for DH. Whatever is cheap. We are not elligible for any government programs like Healthy New York or Medicaid. Any suggestions. My work wants us to pay $700 for him and that's just not feasible. I was previously paying them $380 and I thought that was too much.
Thanks!

cookielady

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 1:48 pm
Its sad to say but in this day and age there is no such thing as cheap individual health insurance. Even expensive individual policies can be very hard to get. But that being said, my bro is an agent, I will ask him where he suggests you look for a good policy hopefully thats cheap.

MMEC123

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 1:51 pm
I did tons of research and found nothing. Sorry to be of no help. Good luck and please share if you find anything!

sbs

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 3:50 pm
in ny state you usually need to be part of a group insurance plan, like from work, etc..
healthy ny and fhp can be gotten alone.
the other insurances will be much more expensive to get privately as far as I know.
is there any group, organization, school, through which your dh can get insurance?

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 4:42 pm
You can try getting an individual oxford policy for about $400/mo. call retek insurance.

MMEC123

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 5:43 pm
I called retek while I was doing my research. They said they only deal with groups- no individuals.

nylon

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 4:40 pm
There are no cheap policies in NYS due to community rating. Sorry. Best you can do is Empire hospital-only.

(And believe me I have looked...)

B'tzimtzim

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 12:38 pm
After a ton of searching, it seems like we will go with Empire hospital only. Does anyone have it? Are you satisfied?

bigmomma

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 7:57 pm
Need to buy family health insurance, not eligible for Healthy NY, DH has family insurance with very high deductible from work, but need to stop that and purchase something with lower deductible and copays. Where can I do that? Need inurance fast, now. HIgh deductible insurance is wortheless? Looking for useful health insurance....

bigmomma

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 8:00 pm
B'tzimtzim, Did you find anything? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries