Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Bronchilitis/ RSV

malky800

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:13 pm
Can a kid get bronchilitis twice? My baby had a horrible cough for 1 week, finally got over it 1 1/2 weeks ago, and now he has this horrible cough back?
Do I need to run back to my doctor, or can can you not get it twice that I don't have to worry?

Boys"R"Us

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:26 pm
Bronchiolitis and RSV are not the same thing. One can definitely get either one of them more than once. Does your baby have a fever?

malky800

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:28 pm
No. but he didn't have fever last time either.

familytime

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:32 pm
kids that get Bronchilitis/ RSV are prone to get them again. I would vsit the doc to make sure that the childs chest is clear otherwise just keep him comfortable and hydrated. good luck!

malky800

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:38 pm
I'm so dissapointed. The dr' gave me an all clear already. This past week my older daughter has been coughing all week terribly. (although not as bad.).
I'm so not excited to go through it again.

Seraph

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 1:53 am
familytime wrote:
kids that get Bronchilitis/ RSV are prone to get them again. I would vsit the doc to make sure that the childs chest is clear otherwise just keep him comfortable and hydrated. good luck!
I hear that there is a vaccine against rsv. How coukd their be if kids who got rsv are prone to getting it again?

So far, both my boys got hospitalized with RSV as babies less than 6 months old. One with bronchiolitis, the second with pneumonia. Its no fun.
But during my hospital stay I learned that there are many viruses that can cause this. A kid could get RSV one time and adenovirus the next... for example.

May

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 2:07 am
My son has had it on and off for the past 3 months already - practically the entire winter. He has it for a week, then the Dr. gives him the all clear, and a few days later he has it again. It's come to the point where I can practically diagnose it myself. I hear the rumbling in his lungs, make a Dr. appointment, and sure enough - back on treatment. So yes - a child can definitely get it twice.

Seraph

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 2:21 am
May wrote:
My son has had it on and off for the past 3 months already - practically the entire winter. He has it for a week, then the Dr. gives him the all clear, and a few days later he has it again. It's come to the point where I can practically diagnose it myself. I hear the rumbling in his lungs, make a Dr. appointment, and sure enough - back on treatment. So yes - a child can definitely get it twice.
Has what? RSV? or bronchitis/bronchiolitis?

May

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 3:16 am
Bronchiolitis. (That's what the OP asked about.)

Seraph

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 5:44 am
May wrote:
Bronchiolitis. (That's what the OP asked about.)
She asked about RSV and bronchiolitis. I just wanted to make sure that RSV wasnt an ongoing thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics