Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Which mitzvah do you find most difficult and why?
Previous  1  2  3

Which of the following mitzvos do you find most difficult and why?
Shabbos  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Kashrus  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Taharas Hamishpacha  
 23%  [ 28 ]
Tznius  
 12%  [ 15 ]
Tefila  
 23%  [ 27 ]
Shmiras halashon  
 21%  [ 25 ]
Limud hatorah  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kibud av v'eim  
 10%  [ 12 ]
Giving tzedaka  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Aseh lcha rav (asking shaalos and following a rav)  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 117

amother

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 2:06 pm
asking questions and accepting the answers is my hardest one. I'm definitely stiff necked! Plus there's only one rabbi where I live and I don't really like him. I feel like I should respect him and refer to him anyway, but mostly I just look things up and do my best to not have too many questions. Sad

amother

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 3:29 pm
I picked tznius. I wear only skirts and cover my elbows but a lot of the time my necklines don't come to my collar bone. My shirts aren't low cut, I just find it hard to only buy shirts that come higher. Also my skirts are often just to the knee or sometimes right above. I always feel guilty about not being completely tznius but at the same time I feel like tznius is the biggest burden of being shomrei mitzvos. I love fashion and there are so many cute styles I feel like I constantly miss out on and I can't bring myself to dress really "Jewishy" with doodylength skirts and super high shirts. I respect people who do and sometimes I am embarrassed that I'm not quite up to par, but it just doesn't feel like me when I try to dress that way. I also miss my hair and just being able to throw it up in a pony Sad

mae1984

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 7:35 am
I picked tznius. But the truth is is that I'm slowly changing my standards and wearing pants again - just not the same ones that I wore when I was 18 and skinny!
After reading the posts though I really understand the women who don't enjoy mikva. I also resent going, I think it;s silly. I like to come home from work and relax etc, instead I have to clean myself and go off to the mikve with wet hair, stand naked in front of someone I don't know, and dip in a pool. I shower after the mikve too because however much chlorine they put in the water I don't think it's clean. So that's 3 showers/baths/whatever in a space of 2 hours.
Plus, when I'm done I just want to get home so I don't want to stay an extra half hour at the mikve to do my hair/make up etc ao I go home as I am. Mikve night is really not the night that I'm at my prettiest which is sad.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics